- VIRAL VIDEO! When Janhvi Kapoor As A Kid Presented The Best Actor Award To Shahrukh Khan
- Shahrukh Khan Celebrates Eid In Orlando, View Pictures!
- Shahrukh Khan, Varun Dhawan, Big B, Madhuri Dixit, Anil Kapoor & Others Wish Everyone A Happy Eid
- Salman Khan Is A ZERO! Read To Know Why
- How Salman & Shahrukh Khan Became Enemies In An Instant & Patched Up A Few Years Later!
- Shahrukh Khan's Zero Teaser Shows Him BONDING With Salman Khan! Watch It Here
The makers of superstar Shahrukh's much-awaited entertainer Raees have said the film is not based on any real life story and is a pure work of fiction. The clarification comes in the wake of reports that Shahrukh's character in the film is inspired by about Gujarat-based gangster Abdul Latif.
"We are overwhelmed with the positive and encouraging response showered on the trailer of 'Raees' and we certainly hope that the pouring of love shall continue upon the release of the film as well," read a joint statement issued on behalf of Shahrukh, Ritesh Sidhwani, Farhan Akhtar and director Rahul Dholakia.
The statement further read, "In view of certain media reports that claim that the film 'Raees' is based on a real life story and rumours to that effect being circulated, we take this opportunity to clarify that the story of the film 'Raees' is a pure work of fiction, Not based on any person; living or dead.
"All those making such claims, will realise it themselves, once they see the film. It is an imagined crime thriller set against the backdrop of Gujarat."
Set in 1980s Gujarat, Raees tells the story of a bootlegger whose business is thwarted by a tough policeman. The film is produced by Excel Entertainment and Red Chillies Entertainment.
The film also features Nawazuddin Siddiqui and marks the Bollywood debut of Pakistani actress Mahira Khan.