- Kabir Khan On 83: He Needs To Get The Persona Of Dev And Yet Retain His Identity As Ranveer Singh
- Kabir Khan: Salman Khan-Katrina Kaif's Chemistry Is Palpable; Great To See Them Together On Screen!
- I Don't Trust Feedback Given At The Film Screenings: Kabir
- IT'S OFFICIAL! Ranveer Singh To Play Kapil Dev In Kabir Khan's Next Film On 1983 World Cup
- Superstars Don't Look At Box Office Collections Says Kabir Khan
- Every Film Of Mine Is Put Against Bajrangi Bhaijaan & It's Unfair: Kabir Khan
- IIFA Awards 2017: Dear Katrina Kaif! We Never Knew You Had A Twin
We all know that Shahid Kapoor's film Udta Punjab is facing many problems with the Censor Board because it deals with the drug problem in Punjab. And Censor Board chief Pahlaj Nihalani has clearly said that he will not pass the title of the film, as it mentions Punjab. Also the Censor Borad has told the Udta Punjab team to cut down 89 scenes from the movie.
Director Kabir Khan does not agree with this and told in an interview to Times Now, "We all know to what extent the drug problems exist in Punjab. I was shooting last year in border areas of Punjab for Bajrangi Bhaijaan and everybody there was only talking about it."
"We saw people, we saw families who were suffering with this problem. And now if a film is trying to highlight and put focus on this problem then how is it negatively portraying people?''he said.
Also Read: You'll Regret Missing This! 20 Best Pictures From The Sets Of Salman Khan & Anushka Sharma's Sultan
Kabir Khan further added, ''If any film is talking about it then it's actually going to help highlight the problem and it will help people to galvanise and try fight this problem. I mean, are we ostriches that we dig a hole, put our head into it and pretend that nobody is seeing us? It's a genuine problem and it needs to be addressed."
Do you agree with Kabir readers?