- Simmba: Sara Ali Khan To Play Ranveer Singh's Love Interest, Here Comes The Official Announcement!
- Karan Johar On His Biggest Hichki: I Used To Get Teased A Lot For My Girlish Voice As A Child
- After Sridevi's Demise! Madhuri Dixit Replaces Her In Abhishek Varman's Next, CONFIRMS Janhvi Kapoor
- INSIDE PICS! Kajol, Rani Mukherji, Kareena Kapoor Have A Blast At KJo's Birthday Bash For Mom Hiroo
- Dhadak: No Phone-policy After Janhvi Kapoor-Ishaan Khatter's Pictures Get Leaked From The Sets
- Ajay Devgn: System Of Blocking Release Dates Is Gone!
Kuch Kuch Hota broke many box office records but Karan Johar says when he watches the movie today he finds it to be based on an "unusually silly theme".
''Actually, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai is a very unusually silly theme. Don't know what the mother wrote in those eight letters, how can a eight-year-old read that? But it was done with so much conviction, a mother has left eight letters, but kya likha hoga pehli, dusri chhitti may ki woh bachcha padh sake?" Johar told PTI at Jagran Film Festival.
"He (the hero) says, 'Zindagi may pyaar ek bar hota hai, shaadi ek bar hoti hai', but he himself has fallen in love twice, got married twice. Everything was wrong, but it was written with so much conviction that it made sense," the 44-year-old director said.
Johar said he was 24 when he wrote the film and was inspired by the cinema of Raj Kapoor, Yash Chopra among others. "There was some innocence in films of those times, when we used to say 'pyaar dosti hai, love is friendship'. I have made a film on the same theme but have updated its tonality... That film (Kuch Kuch...) had an organic innocence," he said.
"I was 24 when I wrote that film... But I can't write the same film now. When I see Kuch Kuch Hota Hai today or Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham I myself wonder, 'Why did I write this, how did I write this, from where these thoughts came to my mind?" he added.