- Dhadak Movie Review: Despite Ishaan Khatter's Terrific Act, You Crave For Sairat's Simplicity!
- Ranveer Singh To Be Seen In Conversation With Jaggi Vasudev At IIMB Annual Leadership Conclave
- Dhadak Box Office Prediction: Will Janhvi Kapoor & Ishaan Khatter Starrer Cross The 100-Crore-Mark?
- Guess Who! This Celeb Makes Janhvi Kapoor Feel Like She's The Most Important Girl In The World
- Varun Dhawan, Karan Johar, Vaani Kapoor & Others Attend Bhumi Pednekar's Birthday Bash! Pictures
- Kartik Aaryan Thinks He's An A-list Star Now; Karan Johar THROWS Him Out Of The Akshay Kumar's Film
Kuch Kuch Hota broke many box office records but Karan Johar says when he watches the movie today he finds it to be based on an "unusually silly theme".
''Actually, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai is a very unusually silly theme. Don't know what the mother wrote in those eight letters, how can a eight-year-old read that? But it was done with so much conviction, a mother has left eight letters, but kya likha hoga pehli, dusri chhitti may ki woh bachcha padh sake?" Johar told PTI at Jagran Film Festival.
"He (the hero) says, 'Zindagi may pyaar ek bar hota hai, shaadi ek bar hoti hai', but he himself has fallen in love twice, got married twice. Everything was wrong, but it was written with so much conviction that it made sense," the 44-year-old director said.
Johar said he was 24 when he wrote the film and was inspired by the cinema of Raj Kapoor, Yash Chopra among others. "There was some innocence in films of those times, when we used to say 'pyaar dosti hai, love is friendship'. I have made a film on the same theme but have updated its tonality... That film (Kuch Kuch...) had an organic innocence," he said.
"I was 24 when I wrote that film... But I can't write the same film now. When I see Kuch Kuch Hota Hai today or Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham I myself wonder, 'Why did I write this, how did I write this, from where these thoughts came to my mind?" he added.