- Dhadak Second Day Collection: Ishaan Khatter-Janhvi Kapoor Starrer Mints 11.04 Crores!
- Dhadak Movie Review: Despite Ishaan Khatter's Terrific Act, You Crave For Sairat's Simplicity!
- Ranveer Singh To Be Seen In Conversation With Jaggi Vasudev At IIMB Annual Leadership Conclave
- Dhadak Box Office Prediction: Will Janhvi Kapoor & Ishaan Khatter Starrer Cross The 100-Crore-Mark?
- Guess Who! This Celeb Makes Janhvi Kapoor Feel Like She's The Most Important Girl In The World
- Varun Dhawan, Karan Johar, Vaani Kapoor & Others Attend Bhumi Pednekar's Birthday Bash! Pictures
The multi-talented celebrity of B-town, Karan Johar, who gave us an evergreen film to this industry, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai reveals that he had to beg Salman Khanand Rani Mukerji to be part of his debut directorial venture Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.
"I had lot of trouble while casting for Rani Mukerji's part in 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai'. I had approached eight heroines and no one agreed for the role. I had given a romantic narration but no one responded. I became like a beggar," Karan told reporters at an event.
Have You Seen These Photoshoot Pictures Of K2H2 Casts?
"Even for Salman Khan's part (in the movie), I had to roam here and there. Finally it all happened. I had to literally beg Salman and Rani to be on board," he said.
The "My Name Is Khan" helmer joked that he had even thought of wearing (a) short skirt and doing Rani's role (in the film) if no one does it.
It was Karan's good friend Aditya Chopra and Shah Rukh Khan, who suggested him to cast Rani. "I went to Rani who was then going to do 'Ghulam'. It was suggested to me by Shah Rukh Khan and Aditya Chopra. They both recommended Rani's name after looking at a particular expression of her in 'Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat'."
"We wanted a known face for Rani's part as she dies in the beginning (in the movie), but that did not work out," he added.
1998 blockbuster Kuch Kuch Hota Hai starred popular on-screen pair of Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol. Rani featured in a supporting role, while Salman had an extended guest appearance.