- A BIG LET DOWN: These Superstars Will Not Be Attending The IIFA Awards 2018
- Is It This Quality Of Alia Bhatt That Makes Her 'MORE ACCEPTABLE' Than Katrina Kaif To Neetu Kapoor?
- Ranbir Kapoor Might Prove Katrina Wrong About Alia Bhatt! Sounds Damn Serious About Marriage & Kids
- Ranbir Kapoor Ignores Katrina Kaif While Singing Praises Of Deepika Padukone & Alia Bhatt!
- EXCLUSIVE: Thanks To Ranbir Kapoor! Katrina Kaif Is Getting Closer To Salman Khan & Family
- Katrina Kaif Feeling Betrayed! She Knows Her Ex-Boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor Will Cheat On Alia Bhatt Too
Sad news for all Katrina Kaif fans out there. It's confirmed that Katrina, who made her Cannes International Film Festival red carpet debut last year (2015) as the ambassador of cosmetic brand L'Oreal Paris, will be skipping the prestigious film gala this year. And the reason behind it is her prior commitments.
"Cannes is a fabulous platform for any artist to attend, and I really enjoyed the experience last year. While the brand invited me to attend Cannes again this year, I have had to regretfully decline the opportunity due to prior commitments," Katrina said in a statement.
Revisit Katrina's Cannes 2015 Pictures:
She added, "This has been an enormously busy year for me so far, and I am working on some amazing projects which are really keeping me on my toes. Nevertheless, although I will be giving Cannes a miss this year, I wish the lovely L'Oreal Paris ambassadors who will proudly represent India the very best and hope to attend next year."
Raagjeet Garg, the General Manager of L'Oreal Paris India said that he respect her "dedication to her work and are going to miss her magic at Cannes 2016".
"Katrina had a glorious debut at Cannes last year and was one of the most spoken about L'Oreal Paris ambassadors at the platform. Unfortunately she's unable to attend the event this year due to some prior commitments. We absolutely respect her dedication to her work and are going to miss her magic at Cannes 2016," Garg said.
The Cannes International Film Festival is scheduled to be held from May 11-May 21, 2016. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Sonam Kapoor will be representing the brand at the event this year. Both the actresses have always managed to dazzle their fans at the French Riviera and this year they will sport looks created using the L'Oreal Paris Infallible Cannes Collection.