- Sonam Kapoor Finds Dulquer Salmaan 'Cute', Says He Is Such A Good Actor!
- Sridevi Was Missed IMMENSELY By Janhvi At Sonam Kapoor's 'Mehendi' Because Of This Special Reason!
- Sonam Kapoor & Harshvardhan Kapoor Are Making Anil Kapoor ANXIOUS, Find Out Why!
- Sonam Kapoor Shifting To London With Hubby Anand Ahuja After Marriage? The Actress Finally Reacts!
- Harshvardhan's Bhavesh Joshi Superhero & Sonam's Veere Di Wedding To Face-Off On June 1
- The Price Of Sonam Kapoor's Wedding Ring & Details Of Her Mangalsutra Will Leave You Flabbergasted!
Sonam Kapoor, who played Neerja Bhanot in the 2016 film Neerja, says kindness is "very rare" nowadays and that is something she learnt from the late air hostesses example.
Bhanot lost her life while saving passengers from terrorists on board hijacked Pan Am Flight 73 in September 1986.
Sonam, who accepted an award on behalf of Bhanot at the Mother Teresa Memorial International Award 2016, said, ''Neerja' has been a turning point in my life not because of the movie, but the kind of person she still is in my life. Kindness is something very rare these days, and that is something she has taught me."
Also Read: Shahrukh Khan Hosts A Party For Chris Martin At Mannat; Salman, Deepika, Ranveer & Others Attend
"There is a huge place for compassion, kindness and understanding in everybody's life. Especially in this age where there is so much to strive for and hatred... For a 22-year-old girl to show that much patience, kindness and love, is something we should all follow," the actress added.
Bhanot didn't distinguish between religions and saved anyone she could be and saw them as human beings. This is also very progressive and compassionate thinking for others, shared Sonam.
Instituted in 2005, the Mother Teresa Memorial International Award for Social Justice has acknowledged the tireless efforts of individuals and enterprises across the world towards promoting peace, harmony and social justice. With inputs from IANS