- Mira Rajput's Baby Shower Pics: From Lemon Cake To Hubby Shahid Kapoor's Cute Antics!
- Shahid Kapoor & Mira Rajput Celebrate Their 3rd Wedding Anniversary: A Look At Their Love Story
- Shahid Kapoor Backs Out From Performing At The IIFA Awards 2018, Here's Why!
- Vijay Deverakonda Comments On Shahid Kapoor And Dhruv Doing The Arjun Reddy Remakes
- Man In Anushka Sharma & Virat Kohli's Video Has Worked With Shahrukh Khan & Madhuri Dixit!
- Does Bobby Deol Hold A Grudge Against Imtiaz Ali For Replacing Him With Shahid Kapoor In A Film?
Just a few days ago, CBFC chief Pahlaj Nihalani was seen accusing Anurag Kashyap of taking money from the AAP party to malign the image of Punjab, and also labelled him as a kid without a toy, seeking attention!
Now it looks like Mr. Nihalani, has suddenly changed his tunes and respects 'democracy' and 'freedom of speech' after the Bombay High Court went in favour of Udta Punjab with only one cut, that is of Shahid Kapoor urinating in front of an audience.
While interacting with the media, Pahlaj Nihalani was asked if he sees the verdict as a defeat to the CBFC and the chief head replied,
"Haar aur jeet kabhi bhi girni nahi chahiye. Woh CBFC ho ya income tax, har order ke baad higher authority ke paas ja sakte ho. Ye democracy hai to agar democracy mei ye right nhi hoga to kuch bhi ho sakta hain."
(Win or lose should never fall down. Whether it's CBFC or Income Tax, every order can be challenged in front of a higher authority. This is a democracy. If you don't get this here, then anything can happen.)
Pahlaj Nihalani further commented,
"Every producer, every person has a right to challenge CBFC's order. They can go to the tribunal or the court. Jo court ne decision diya, we welcome that decision. Jaha se bhi relief milta hai, producer ka woh haq hai and unka dayitva hai." (Whatever the court has decided, we welcome that. Wherever a producer can find relief, it's his right and responsibility.)