- SRK Got UPSET With Anurag Kashyap? If Shahrukh Khan SCOLDS Me, I'll Sit In A Corner & CRY
- Films Are Not Charity Or NGOs: Anurag Kashyap
- Mukkabaaz Movie Review: Throws A 'Mukka' Right From The First Frame With Stellar Performances!
- Why Anurag Kashyap Does Not Like Bollywood Biopics?
- Anurag Kashyap Thanks Smriti Irani & CBFC For Mukkabaaz U/A Certificate!
- WOW! Dulquer Salmaan Bags His Next Biggie In Bollywood?
- IIFA Awards 2017: Dear Katrina Kaif! We Never Knew You Had A Twin
Since the day CBFC has told 'Udta Punjab' team to remove 'Punjab' from its title, Twitter is innundated with hatred tweets towards Pahlaj Nihalani. Now, the CBFC chief Mr Nihalani speaks to Subhash K Jha, exclusively for HT and gives his side of opinion on the whole fiasco!
Here's what he told about Anurag Kashyap:
"I haven't met him (Anurag Kashyap, the film's co-producer)) even once about Udta Punjab. We've never spoken on this matter. In the past when a film produced by him -NH 10- was in censor trouble, I did my best to help him follow the censor guidelines."
"When there was objection to his title Bombay Velvet, we at the CBFC passed the title to ensure Mr Kashyap's creative urges do not get suppressed. Now when he is not getting his way with the CBFC, I'm the biggest villain in the creative world. So be it."
"Mr Kashyap is like a child being denied a toy. He loves to make a noise every time a film directed or produced by him is released. And since he makes a lot of movies, he also makes a lot of noise. I believe he has called me an extremely egotistical man. A lot of people feel the same about him. "
HT also mentioned in the interview that Kashyap feels that he(Nihalani) runs the CBFC like his personal fiefdom. Here's how Mr Nihalani reacted:
"Says who? Ashoke Pandit (censor board member opposing the cuts))? The man who Kashyap hails as a sensible voice in the CBFC just because Pandit is opposing the CBFC's decision to not allow Punjab to be vilified in Udta Punjab."
"It's like that filmmaker who thinks the only critic who understands his film is the one who praises the film."