- Harshvardhan Kapoor: It's A Dream Come True To Play a Superhero In Bhavesh Joshi
- Trouble In Paradise! J&K Tourism Board Sends Legal Notice To Abhishek Bachchan’s Manmarziyaan
- Anurag Kashyap: Sexual Harassment Survivors In Bollywood Must Speak Up!
- Anurag Kashyap: My Parents Were Threatened When I Tweeted To The Prime Minister!
- Radhika Apte: Online Platforms Are Much More Bold & Daring As Compared To Movies!
- Manmarziyaan First Look! An Intense Abhishek Bachchan & Vicky Kaushal- Taapsee Pannu's Flirty Love
The fight between Pahlaj Nihalani, CBFC chief and Anurag Kashyap, the co-producer of Udta Punjab is getting more dramatic by the day. In a recent interview to Times Now, Anurag has blamed Pehlaj for blackmailing the team of the movie.
"What happened was he (Nihalani) referred us to the revising committee, we decided to go to the tribunal. The tribunal told us we need the objections the examining committee has with the film. Mr. Nihalani refused to give us the objections. When Tribunal called him directly, he said the objections have left the office and they are in the Speed post.''
Anurag Kashyap further added, ''That Speed post has never reached the Tribunal.'' Talking about Pahlaj Nihalani, Anurag said, ''He wants to harass us and he wants us to delay it (Udta Punjab). He is literally blackmailing and cornering us.''
Also Read: 20 Best Pictures From The Sets Of Salman Khan & Anushka Sharma's Sultan
For the uninitiated, The Central Board Of Film Certification (CBFC) has held back Udta Punjab's certification by demanding 89 cuts in the movie and removal of any references to the state of Punjab.