- IIFA Awards 2017: Dear Katrina Kaif! We Never Knew You Had A Twin
- Diljit Dosanjh Makes A Surprising Revelation, Says 'I Never Faced Any Camp System In Bollywood'!
- Diljit Dosanjh Breaks His Silence On Harshvardhan Kapoor's Statements On Winning 'Debut Award'!
- Harshvardhan Kapoor Is Not Happy About Diljit Dosanjh Winning The Best Debut Award?
- Censor Board Is No More 'Sanskaari'? Kissing Scenes Get Green Signal!
- Alia Bhatt Holidays In Maldives With Her Sister Shaheen Bhatt!
On Wednesday afternoon, Anurag Kashyap's Udta Punjab leaked on the internet and the people responsible behind the illegal act have not been traced yet. When every finger started pointing at the Censor Board, Pahlaj Nihalani rejected the claims by saying that the CBFC has no role in the film's leak.
"The person responsible has already been identified and the leak will be tracked down. We will cooperate if we are approached as part of the investigation," says Mr. Nihalani.
The CBFC chief, also claimed that the whole issue is a publicity stunt framed by Anurah Kashyap and the Bhatts and other film-makers have no problem with him heading the Censor Board.
"Only the Bhatt camp, the Anurag Kashyap camp and a few other art filmmakers do this. Anurag and the Bhatts have always faced trouble with their films, starting from their debuts, a time when I wasn't heading the CBFC. They are habitual of taking on the censors and use it as a publicity stunt," quipped Pahlaj Nihalani.
Adding a final punch to the issue, the CBFC head says "The film releases tomorrow, let's see if the audience enjoys the film or rejects it. We will find out soon. Good film doesn't need cuss words, like Sholay, which was a super-duper hit".
Damn! Reading between the lines, we can assume that Pahlaj Nihalani's ego is very badly hurt.