- Anurag Kashyap: My Parents Were Threatened When I Tweeted To The Prime Minister!
- Fawad Khan's Photoshoot Makes The Ladies Wanting For More! View Pictures
- Can Bollywood Do A Meryl Streep At Award Functions? Can B-town Openly Insult Leaders?
- Anushka Sharma Clarifies What It Means To Be A Feminist!
- Ae Di Hai Mushkil Becomes Ranbir Kapoor's Second Biggest Hit!
- Breaking News: Fawad Khan & Imran Abbas Naqvi Caught In Black Money Scam!
According to the latest reports, exhibitors in Pakistan will be lifting the ban on the screening of Indian films including Ae Dil Hai Mushkil & Shivaay, which are one of the biggest Bollywood films of 2016.
Terming it merely a 'suspension' and not a ban, as there was no government intervention, exhibitors on their own had decided to stop the screening of Indian films, following the ban on Pakistani artists and technicians working in India by the Indian Motion Pictures Producers' Association (IMPPA) earlier in October, reports the Express Tribune.
In the latest meeting, all exhibitors had agreed to resume screening effective from Tuesday. According to another cinema owner, "The Indian Army's statement is a good enough evidence for the change in perspective on the other side of the border. So is the release of Fawad Khan's film in India."
According to Hindustan Times, a formal announcement will be made by the chairman of Pakistan's exhibitors association, Zuraiz Lashari, in Lahore on Tuesday. The owner of a leading distribution company said that the resumption of Indian films had to happen since cinema owners relied heavily on Bollywood movies for their revenue.
The secretary of Sindh Board of Film Censors, Razzaq Khuhwar, said "The government has issued the NoC for Shivay. We are set to screen today or tomorrow for certification."
Inputs From Hindustan Times