- Priyanka Chopra Wanted To Once Marry Television Actor Mohit Raina?
- Nick Jonas & Priyanka Chopra Send A Message To The 'Haters'!
- Complete Details About Salman Khan & Disha Patani's Roles In Bharat Revealed!
- Priyanka Chopra Is Too Dark To Be Crowned Miss India; When A Jury Member Passed A Racist Remark
- Priyanka Chopra Spotted Celebrating B'day With Nick Jonas; Madhu Chopra Comments On Their Marriage
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra! Here Are 7 Most Defining Moments That Changed Her Life Forever
- This Game Of Thrones Star Accompanies Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas On A Double Date!
- Priyanka Chopra Dances Her Heart Out; Wraps The Shooting Of 'Isn't It Romantic' In Style!
- Priyanka Chopra Talks About Her Boyfriend Nick Jonas; Says They Are Getting To Know Each Other!
- BREAKING! Priyanka Chopra Will Be Getting MARRIED To Nick Jonas Soon; Drops A Major Hint On Wedding!
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan & Priyanka Chopra In No Mood To PATCH UP; Their Latest Move Hints So!
- Nirbhaya Case: Priyanka Chopra, Anushka Sharma & Others Hail The Supreme Court's Verdict!
We always fall short of words when it comes to appreciating Priyanka Chopra's contribution in placing putting India on the global map! Priyanka, who has created waves with her stint in the American drama series 'Quantico, says is all set to serve as Unicef's Global Goodwill Ambassador.
The former beauty queen was spotted with David Beckham, actress Millie Bobby, Jackie Chan and other celebs at the Unicef event, where she was honoured with the title of 'Global Goodwill Ambassador.' Amazing right?
Priyanka With Beckham
Priyanka Chopra shared a photograph of herself along with football star David Beckham, and actress Millie Bobby Brown on Instagram and wrote, "Thank you @davidbeckham and @milliebobby_brown for inducting me into the @UNICEF global family. Always delighted to meet likeminded people who believe that there is humanity left in us after all. And @milliebobby_brown you were a superb host tonight... congratulations on the #GoldenGlobes nod #foreverychild."
Two Spectacular Personalities
It was indeed a treat to our eyes to see two amazing personalities i.e., Priyanka Chopra and David Beckham in one frame!
Proud Moment For Priyanka
"Can't believe it's been 10 years! Honoured to now serve as UNICEF Global Goodwill Ambassador along with this amazing group For Every Child," captioned Priyanka.
She’s A Real Global Citizen
At the event, Priyanka told, "Along this decade old journey, with UNICEF, I have been on many field trips to villages and centers across India. On those trips, I spent time with numerous young girls and their families and experienced firsthand the transformative power of empowering young girls with opportunities that are rightfully theirs."
‘Proud To Stand With Unicef’
She further added, "Together, with my fellow, dedicated ambassadors, I am now proud to stand with UNICEF to help build a world where children's rights are respected and protected."
She’s A Champion For India’s Children
UNICEF Executive Director Anthony Lake said, "Priyanka Chopra is already a champion for India's children - and as a UNICEF global Goodwill Ambassador, she will be a force for children and adolescents everywhere."
Excerpts From Priyanka’s Speech
"Everywhere you look today, you will see the advancement of man. How the human mind has basically invented, created and built a whole new world yet strangely every time when I have been on the field, I wondered how the same human mind continues to allow the exploitation of the children across the world."
Priyanka Lists The Issues
"Girls are being denied to go to school. Children are living without clean water, medical care, protection even food. Where their bodies and mind are unprotective from violence, abuse and exploitation. Where they're target of war."
‘Let’s Fight Against Injustice’
"A ten year old girl dressed as a bride, marrying a man twice her age. A boy sitting in the back of the ambulance trying to understand what just happened to him. A girl watching her brother go to school s she prepares another day for housework. A boy lifeless body washing up on the beach far away from his home. Ladies and gentlemen, people of the world, I, we, ask you to join us today to become the collective voice of the children across the world and to fight against the injustice they have to go every day."
Priyanka ended her speech on a powerful note and told, "Let's choose humanity. Let's choose to act now. Let's choose to fight now nd let's choose to ensure a better world for our children. My wish for children is freedom to think and the freedom to live. Thank you very much."