- A 'WELL-BEHAVED' Shashi Kapoor Was Different From Raj Kapoor & Shammi Kapoor, Writes Shobhaa De
- Rishi Kapoor Makes It LOUD & CLEAR; Says They Would Never Let A Film Be Made On Raj Kapoor!
- SHOCKING! Rishi Kapoor Opens Up About His Father Raj Kapoor's Affairs With Nargis & Vyjayanthimala!
- Rishi Kapoor Abused On Twitter, Bashes The User!
- Pics: Vidya Balan Imitates The Looks Of Yesteryear Legends
- Shahrukh Khan Gets Nostalgic About Raj Kapoor On His TV Show!
- Birthday Bash! Hrithik Roshan's Grandfather J Om Prakash Celebrates His 92nd Birthday With Family!
Filmmaker Rakesh Roshan remembered legendary actor Raj Kapoor on his 92nd birth anniversary and said his contribution to Hindi cinema is evergreen. "The greatest filmaker Mr Raj Kapoor on his birth anniversary, saw Shree 420 more than 400 times. Your contribution is evergreen," Roshan tweeted on Wednesday morning.
Raj Kapoor is regarded as one of the greatest and most influential filmmakers and actors in the history of Indian cinema. He was the winner of several awards including three National Film Awards. He was a two-time nominee for the Palme d'Or grand prize at the Cannes Film Festival for his films Awaara and Boot Polish.
The Government of India feted him with Padma Bhushan in 1971 for his contributions to the arts and the Dadasaheb Phalke Award was bestowed on him in 1987 by the Government of India. The late actor has also contributed to films like Shree 420 and Teesri Kasam.
Raj Kapoor suffered from asthma in his later years. He died of complications related to asthma in 1988 at the age of 63. Raj Kapoor is surely one of the best filmmakers and actors Bollywood has ever produced.
The greatest filmaker Mr Raj Kapoor on his birth anniversary, saw Shree 420 more than 400 times. Your contribution is evergreen.— Rakesh Roshan (@RakeshRoshan_N) December 14, 2016