- Lipstick Under My Burkha Movie Review: A Shade You Should Wear For Every 'Log Kya Sochengey'!
- Sad! Lipstick Under My Burkha Gets Rejected By The CBFC With No Certification
- Khoobsurat Teaser Video: Sonam Kapoor Gets Naughty With Kiss!
- Ratna Pathak Shah turning Imran Khan’s mother in EMAET
- ‘Soni Kudi’ Sara Ali Khan Has All The Boys Swooning Over Her New Pictures; Spotted With Amrita Singh
- Clash With Shahrukh Khan Turns KAPUT For Sara Ali Khan's Kedarnath; Mommy Amrita Singh LOSES COOL
After playing Arjun Kapoor's loud-mouthed Punjabi mother in 2 States, Amrita Singh was to reunite yet again with her on-screen son for Anees Bazmee's upcoming wedding drama Mubarakan. However, now here comes a twist in the tale.
As per the reports, the actress pulled out of the project at the last minute, leaving the makers scrambling for a replacement. Now, Ratna Pathak Shah has replaced Amrita as Arjun's mum and owing to the change, the shooting schedules have undergone an overhaul too.
A Mumbai Mirror report quoted a source saying, "Amrita was to play Arjun's mother who is Anil Kapoor's elder sister. Just a few days before the film was to roll, the actress informed the team that she can't do the film. Now, Ratna's dates will have to be taken into consideration because of which the international schedule, set for December, has been pushed to next year."
Producer Murad Khetani confirmed the latest development and added, "Amrita couldn't do the film due to date issues and we have Ratna on board. Her portion which was initially scheduled to be shot in November-December in London will now happen sometime in January. The Punjab schedule, originally planned for January, is being shot now."
Mubarakan has Arjun Kapoor playing twins, Karanjeet and Charanjeet Singh. The film revolves around an extended Punjabi family that attends a destination wedding in the UK.
Ileana D'Cruz and Athiya Shetty play the leading ladies and the movie is slated to release on 28th July, 2017.