- A Big Fat Wedding: Katrina Kaif, Ranveer Singh & Shahid Kapoor Set The Stage On Fire [Inside Photos]
- Dia Mirza: It's About Time That Women In Bollywood Address Gender Disparity
- Dia Mirza Opens Up About The Choices We Make As We Mature!
- Dia Mirza On Dutt Biopic: People Who Went On The Sets Thought Ranbir Kapoor Was Sanju Sir
- Dia Mirza Opens Up About Her Excitement In Starring In Sanjay Dutt's Biopic!
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput, Sussanne, Dia & Others Attend Smriti & Gautam’s GRAND Wedding Reception
Dia Mirza, who is busy in producing films these days, says that she was not happy with the scripts that were being offered to her and that is the reason why she has not signed any Bollywood film.
In an interview to a leading news agency, Dia Mirza revealed, "As a producer, I am very excited about some of the scripts that have come our way and we are looking forward to making these films. As an actor, I am dissatisfied.''
The diva further added, ''But I am grateful that instead of moping about the lack of good opportunities to be in good films, I create opportunities by making the films I believe in."
In the same interview, Dia Mirza said that India needs to have more screens. She said, "Our biggest threat is the taxation policy as well as the lack of a sufficient number of movie screens. Both the issues need to be addressed urgently.''
"The economics of making and releasing a film are getting increasingly difficult, add to that the advent of access to digital content, and at large, producers/studios have their work cut out for them. As long as the screen count increases and better policies are ushered in for the movie industry, we will be able to celebrate the success of all stories that are well-told, irrespective of language," she said.