- Oscars 2018! Aamir Khan Says Sridevi Deserved The Oscars Mention
- Sridevi NO MORE! Rishi Kapoor Takes To Twitter To Lash Out At Media For This Reason
- CONFIRMED! Jeethu Joseph's Bollywood Debut Is A Horror- Thriller With Emraan Hashmi & Rishi Kapoor
- Bollywood Celebs BLAST Diamond Trader Nirav Modi! Question The Banks, System & Politicians
- 102 Not Out TEASER: Amitabh Bachchan & Rishi Kapoor's Quirky Bonding Leaves You With A Smile!
- Don't You DARE ABUSE Rishi Kapoor! Here Is His WARNING To The Trolls; Read His EXPLOSIVE Statement
Rishi Kapoor is one of those actors, who doesn't mince his words while putting his thoughts infront of the public!
In an explosive comment, veteran Bollywood actor Rishi Kapoor has deprecated the fact that previous Congress governments have named important assets of the country after the Gandhi family.
He says the present government must consider renaming the assets after those who have contributed to the society. "We must name important assets of the country who have contributed to society. Har cheez Gandhi ke naam? (Why everything in the name of Gandhi?) I don't agree. Sochna log! (Think people!)."
"Change Gandhi family assets named by Congress. Bandra/Worli Sea Link to Lata Mangeshkar or JRD Tata Link road. Baap ka maal samajh rakha tha," Rishi, who belongs to Hindi cinema's world famous Kapoor clan, tweeted on Tuesday night.
Why Indira G airport International? Why not Mahatma Gandhi or Bhagat Singh, Ambedkar or on my name Rishi Kapoor. As superficial! What say," Rishi asked.
The 63-year-old questioned if the "roads in New Delhi can be changed, then why not the names of Congress assets/property".
Rishi even demanded that "Film City should be named Dilip Kumar, Dev Anand, Ashok Kumar ya Amitabh Bachchan ke naam? Rajeev Gandhi udyog Kya hota hai? Socho doston!"
The actor also suggested that the names of legendary singers Mohammed Rafi, Mukesh, Manna Dey and Kishore Kumar be used for important venues.
Stressing on the contribution of his legendary father, actor-filmmaker Raj Kapoor, Rishi wrote: "Raj Kapoor has made India proud over the years all over even after his death. Certainly more than what has been perceived by politics."
On Tuesday, Minister of State for Extenal Affairs V.K. Singh had demanded that New Delhi's Akbar Road, where the Congress party headquarters is located, be renamed after Maharana Pratap.