- Sonam Kapoor Was Asked If She Loves Muslims & Pakistani Followers; Replies What 'Hinduism' Preaches
- NEW INSIDE PICS: How Aishwarya Rai, Salman Khan, Shahrukh Khan PARTIED ALL NIGHT At Sonam's Wedding
- Sonam Kapoor Recaps Inside Details About How She Fell In Love With Hubby Anand Ahuja!
- Sanju Review: Ranbir Kapoor Hits A Sixer With Rajkumar Hirani's Engaging Storytelling!
- Sonam Kapoor & Anil Kapoor's Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga Teaser Is Out! Watch It Here
- A True Incident! A Drunk Sanjay Dutt Had Actually Put On A Toilet Seat Around His Girlfriend's Neck
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan dared to sport purple lips on the red carpet of the 69th Cannes Film Festival but she was slammed by Fashion critics. Later, Aishwarya clarified that it was the decision taken by the brand she represents at the prestigious function.
But Sonam Kapoor believes that Aishwarya opted for this shade because she wanted attention, she told PTI, ''The whole idea of fashion and make-up is for people to discuss it and I guess she wanted to be discussed. She achieved what she wanted to achieve with it, which I think is great. I don't think she walked for L'Oreal that day. There was an Amul ad on it, people were discussing it. I think it was great to do it on a 15th year, it's cool. She was trending everywhere."
Click On VIEW PHOTOS To See Some Candid Pictures Of Aishwarya From Cannes
Sonam Kapoor further added, "I have done purple lipstick in the past, I have even done black for a shoot... People haven't spoken about me!"
When asked about her white gown, which also received criticism, she said, "There were just one or two people (who cracked jokes on the dress) but I think it was my most incredible look. I don't believe in taking anything personally. I dress for myself and I felt beautiful." Interestingly, the actress stuck to just one designer brand, Ralph & Russo.
"They (Michael and Tamara) are very good friends of mine. I spent New Years with them. I wanted to do something Indian-inspired and they kind of love India and love me. That's why I did jhumkas and a saree-gown, which I think was incredible," she added.