- Rishi Kapoor Calls Donald Trump A CLOWN & Praises Kim Jong Un!
- Pre-Birthday Special! Kareena Kapoor Meets Sonam Kapoor In London
- Here's What Sonam Kapoor Plans To Do On Her Birthday Along With Hubby Anand Ahuja
- Did Harshvardhan Kapoor INSULT His Sisters Sonam & Rhea Kapoor? Gets SLAMMED For His Awful Reply!
- Veere Di Wedding Box Office Report! Kareena-Sonam Film Passes The Crucial Monday Test
- Deepika Padukone Trying To Make It Up To Sonam Kapoor After Ditching Her Wedding? Look What She Did!
- Veere Di Wedding First Weekend (3 Days) Box Office Collection Is Jaw-Dropping!
- Veere Di Wedding Saturday (2 Days) Box Office Collection!
- Veere Di Wedding First Day (Friday) Box Office Collection: Third BIGGEST Opener Of 2018
- Veere Di Wedding Review: Why Should Boys Have All The Fun?
- Veere Di Wedding Movie Review: Live Audience Update On Kareena-Sonam Starrer
- Veere Di Wedding Vs Bhavesh Joshi Superhero Box Office Prediction
In a chat show with Rajeev Masand for CNN News 18, actress Sonam Kapoor recalls an unfortunate incident when she was molested at the age of fourteen. Yes, you read it right!
The actress discussed child sexual abuse alongside her contemporaries Alia Bhatt, Anushka Sharma, Vidya Balan and Radhika Apte. Here's what the Neerja actress revealed and she definitely deserves our applauses for opening up and coming out this way!
Sonam Recalls The Horrific Incident
"I was going to watch a Raveena Tandon-Akshay Kumar film to Gaeity theatre. I was with my girl friends; we were 14. We had gone outside to get samosas and I was last while coming back, being the tallest."
'I Started Shaking & Shivering'
"And a man came from behind and held my breasts. I started shaking and shivering, not knowing what was going on. I was crying but I sat and finished the film."
'I Felt I Did Something Wrong'
"I just felt I had done something wrong. I didn't talk about it for a good two years. I know a lot many people who've gone through stuff like these," added the actress.
Way To Go Sonam!
It's not that easy to open about such incidents and it takes immense courage to talk about it! Isn't it a good sign that actresses are also standing up for social causes these days?
Take The Step
We know after reading this article, most of the girls will relate to it! But we would love to suggest our lovely readers that rather than simply reading this, it would be really gutsy if you tell you sister/daughter/friend to take a step against it and always share such incidents with your parents or the closed ones!
On the work front, Sonam Kapoor was last seen in Neerja and her work in the film was much appreciated by the critics as well as the audiences. Not just that, even in the on going award functions, her name has been nominated for the 'Best Actress' award and we are not surprised!
Talking about her next film, she will soon kick-start the shooting of an upcoming chick flick named 'Veere Di Wedding' that also casts Kareena Kapoor and Swara Bhaskar in the lead roles.
Keep watching this space for more latest updates!