- Nanu Ki Jaanu Review: Beware, Ghosts Can Haunt You If You Don't Follow Road Traffic Safety Rules!
- INTERVIEW! Abhay Deol: Superhero Franchises Are Just To Make Money, They Bore Me!
- Zero: Katrina Kaif Turns A Beautiful Bride In Red But Who's The Lucky Man?
- Wedding On The Cards? Rajkummar Rao Might Tie The Knot To The Love Of His Life Patralekha!
- Abhay Deol On Working With His Family: I Want The Script To Be Perfect
- Abhay Deol Spills Beans About Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara 2 & Working With Shahrukh Khan In Zero!
Abhay Deol, who is famous for doing offbeat films, says that in India it is very hard for people to break away from traditions.
In an interview to a leading news agency, Abhay Deol said, "We are shaped by our traditions. With us, it is a little more difficult because we are traditionalist. We have 5000-year-old history which is now almost a part of our DNA. How do you break that? "America, for example, doesn't have that history behind it. It romanticises rebellion. We look down upon rebellion. It's an insult. To think out of the box is looked down upon here."
Abhay Deol further added, "It is definitely hard when you're going against the tide. Of course, it is tough. But does that mean you can't do it? No, it depends on your strength, stamina and ability to take so much power against you. But it's not just Bollywood, it is also in Hollywood. It's the same thing everywhere.''
"I like doing mainstream films, because not only do they give me a wider release and audience, they also supports the off beat films I want to make. The two go hand in hand. My effort is always that whatever mainstream films I do, they should not insult the intelligence of the audience,'' he said.