- IIFA Awards 2017: Dear Katrina Kaif! We Never Knew You Had A Twin
- Diljit Dosanjh Makes A Surprising Revelation, Says 'I Never Faced Any Camp System In Bollywood'!
- Diljit Dosanjh Breaks His Silence On Harshvardhan Kapoor's Statements On Winning 'Debut Award'!
- Harshvardhan Kapoor Is Not Happy About Diljit Dosanjh Winning The Best Debut Award?
- Censor Board Is No More 'Sanskaari'? Kissing Scenes Get Green Signal!
- Alia Bhatt Holidays In Maldives With Her Sister Shaheen Bhatt!
We all know that the print of Udta Punjab has leaked online and it includes the scene that the Bombay High Court had demanded to be cut from the movie. Udta Punjab was scheduled to be released on June 17, but leaked online on Wednesday.
In the movie, one can easily see a watermark stating 'for censor' on the top left of the film and that is why many fingers are pointed at the Censor Board for leaking the film. Here's what the CBFC has to say on this.
A top official of CBFC told DNA, "During examining, revising or re-screening, the DVD was brought by the filmmakers and taken back by them. At no point we had sole possession of the same. It could be leaked from a CD which was meant to be shown for censor purpose alone, but got leaked in transit."
"During committee screenings, producer's representatives are always nearby. It is theoretically possible for CBFC to leak the movie, but then all five or nine members would be party to the crime. Not only unlikely, it is highly impossible," another CBFC official said.