- Shamshera: Vaani Kapoor CONFIRMED To Play A Seductive Temptress In This Ranbir Kapoor Film!
- Vaani Kapoor Bags A Role In Vishal Bhardwaj’s Next?
- What A Hot Pair! Vaani Kapoor To Romance Hrithik Roshan In YRF's Action Entertainer!
- Kids! Kids! Kids! When Rani Mukerji's Daughter Adira Left Vaani Kapoor A Little Embarrassed!
- See Pic! Vaani Kapoor Flaunts Her Hot & Fit Body!
- Was She The Biggest Risk? Vaani Kapoor Blames Herself For The Failure Of Befikre
Vaani Kapoor finds award functions "rehearsed" and doesn't like the energy there. Vaani opened up on award functions and said, "I don't like the energy at award shows. It's rehearsed and everybody is just focused on themselves and nobody wants to genuinely applaud for anyone else. People aren't even listening if someone is giving a speech on stage."
The lovely actress had bagged a few awards for her work in her debut film Shuddh Desi Romance. Talking about her role in the movie Vaani said, "I was never told it was a second lead. I was told it's a parallel lead, but I was in one-fourth of the film. It's not the movie you want to begin with, but it was the best I had at that point of time. And it was Yash Raj Films, so I knew I was in safe hands."
She further commented, "So yes, it wasn't my dream debut but I don't regret it. Adi noticed my work in Shuddh Desi Romance and that's how I got Befikre." Vaani is now eagerly waiting for the release of her upcoming film Befikre and revealed, "I wish this (Befikre) had happened earlier. I was living alone, with no family and friends. When you feel low and down, you don't know whom to talk to and go out with. I didn't have anyone I could depend on that way."
"I want to be part of the best movies that are being made, and to work with the best directors. Otherwise, I will just pack up and leave. I am open to starting all over again. Right now my ambition is to have a home of my own in Mumbai, to do things for my family, to give back. They have done a lot for me. I don't want to end up being dependent on anyone."