- 27 Years Of Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin: Pooja Bhatt Reveals She Changed Outfits In A Fisherwoman’s Hut
- Aamir Khan & Karan Johar To Come Together For Osho Biopic?
- After Sanju, Ranbir Kapoor To Sign Another Movie With Rajkumar Hirani?
- Aamir Khan Called Rani Mukerji A 'Buddhi' After Watching Hichki & Here's How She Reacted!
- SANJU EFFECT: Aamir Khan Asked Sanjay Dutt To Meet Him Immediately & They Ended Up CRYING TOGETHER
- Sanju: Manisha Koirala Takes A Sly Dig At Salman, Shahrukh & Aamir Khan While Praising Ranbir Kapoor
Bollywood star Aamir Khan on Tuesday described Dangal co-star Zaira Wasim, who came under attack after meeting Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti, as a "role model". The superstar also asked her critics to leave her alone.
Aamir took to Twitter to say that Zaira, who played the role of young Geeta Phogat in Dangal, was a role model to children across the world. Zaira on Monday issued an apology for meeting Mehbooba Mufti but later withdrew it after receiving support from well-wishers, including Bollywood celebrities and politicians.
"I have read Zaira's statement and I can understand and imagine what led to her to make that statement. Zaira, I want you to know that we are all with you. The beauty is that bright, young, talented hardworking, respectful, caring and courageous kids like you are a role model for all kids, not only in India but across the world," said Aamir Khan.
"You certainly are a role model for me! May god bless you. Love Aamir." The actor underlined that Zaira was young. "I appeal to everyone now to leave her alone and respect the fact that she is just a 16-year-old girl trying her best to deal with life," he added.