TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
Amid the ongoing uproar over Padmavati, actor Aditi Rao Hydari today said she was having a tough time making sense of where India was headed as a country.
The 31-year-old actor, who features in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's controversy-hit film as Alauddin Khilji's wife, questioned people who are not 'angry' when women are daily subjected to violence in the country.
"Why aren't people as angry and demanding change when women are raped, violated, sold, beaten, pimped, killed in the womb. I don't get it."
"I love my country, but I don't understand it anymore. I hope my country understands what it's becoming. Can I have my country back please?" Aditi wrote on Twitter.
Bhansali has been accused of 'distorting historical facts' and 'wrongful' depiction of queen Padmini by several Rajput groups and political leaders, featuring actor Deepika Padukone in title role.
Actors Shahid Kapoor and Ranveer Singh also star in the magnum opus, whose release has been postponed till further notice from the makers.