- Alia Bhatt, Kangana Ranaut, Juhi Chawla, Dia Mirza & Arjun Kapoor Celebrate World Environment Day
- Daas Dev Review: This Film Is Strictly Restricted To A Few Sips!
- Prabhas & Varun Tej’s Upcoming Movies: Who Are The Leading Ladies?
- OH GOSH! When Ranveer Singh Made Aditi Rao Hydari FLINCH On The Sets Of Padmavaat
- Did You Know? THIS Bachchan Lady Referred Aditi Rao Hydari's Name To Bhansali For Padmaavat?
- Sudhir Mishra's Daasdev Set To Arrive On February 16
Amid the ongoing uproar over Padmavati, actor Aditi Rao Hydari today said she was having a tough time making sense of where India was headed as a country.
The 31-year-old actor, who features in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's controversy-hit film as Alauddin Khilji's wife, questioned people who are not 'angry' when women are daily subjected to violence in the country.
"Why aren't people as angry and demanding change when women are raped, violated, sold, beaten, pimped, killed in the womb. I don't get it."
"I love my country, but I don't understand it anymore. I hope my country understands what it's becoming. Can I have my country back please?" Aditi wrote on Twitter.
Bhansali has been accused of 'distorting historical facts' and 'wrongful' depiction of queen Padmini by several Rajput groups and political leaders, featuring actor Deepika Padukone in title role.
Actors Shahid Kapoor and Ranveer Singh also star in the magnum opus, whose release has been postponed till further notice from the makers.