- Don't Want Anyone To Put An Image On Me: Akshay Kumar
- He Felt TRAPPED! Akshay Kumar Is Really Scared Of This Thing; It Impacted Him Deeply
- Akshay Kumar's Padman Must Be Shown In Village Schools & Hostels! Says Scientist Maya Vishwakarma
- We Need More Actors Like Him! Akshay Kumar's FUNNY TAKE Over Clashing With Kangana Ranaut Is Gold!
- Here's Why Akshay Kumar Did Back To Back Films With Social Messages!
- Akshay Kumar's Padman Banned In Pakistan! Here's What Director R Balki Has To Say...
- Radhika Apte On Padman: I Am Glad That Audiences Have Loved My Work
- PadMan First Weekend (3 Days) Box Office Collection! Akshay Kumar's Film Failed To Cross Rs 50 Crore
- Padman Saturday (2nd day) Box Office Collection: Akshay Kumar’s Film Takes A Huge Jump!
- PadMan First Day (Opening) Box Office Collection! Akshay Kumar's Movie Gets DECENT Response
- Shahrukh Khan Is LEAST INTERESTED In Doing Films Like Akshay Kumar; Doesn't Care About HIT or FLOP
- PadMan Movie Review: Live Audience Update
- An Emotional Shahrukh Khan Tells Rani Mukerji, His Biggest Hichki Moment Is The Death Of His Parents
Ever since, Akshay Kumar & his team of Toilet - Ek Prem Katha have announced the date of the film release, movie buffs are excited about witnessing one of the biggest box-office clashes of the year!
In his latest interview with Mumbai Mirror, Akshay Kumar talked about his clash with Shahrukh Khan, winning the National Award and much more!
Akshay On BO Clash
"Box-office clashes are professional hazards and ideally they should not have any personal implications. In a situation where we have 200 movies to be accommodated in 52 weeks, clashes have become unavoidable."
Akshay On SRK
Akki further added, "I'm not willing to draw blood or go to war over a movie. At least both of us are still assured of eating pie."
Akshay Recalls His Previous Clash With SRK
Recalling his previous clash with SRK, Akshay told, "Chennai Express came on August 8 followed by Once Upon a Time in Mumbai Dobaara! a week later. The clash was averted by the producers, Ekta Kapoor and SRK."
Akshay On Choosing August 11
"My film is coming on August 11 because it's a big date and an opportune time. Besides, Independence Day, there is another holiday in the same week. Such long weekends can easily take two big releases. Ghayal and Dil clashed, as did Gadar: Ek Prem Katha and Lagaan."
Akshay On Getting The National Awards As A Favour
Since the day, Akshay won National Award for Rustom, it divided moviegoers into two parts. While some cheered for Akshay, some thrashed film-maker Priyadarshan for doing a favour for Akshay Kumar!
When Akshay was asked about his opinion on the same, he told, "I have completed 25 years in the film industry and I've never called in a favour to bag a movie or an award. As for Priyan favouring me, I think he has answered that question."
But With This Win, Akshay Is Extremely Happy
Keeping all the chaos around his big win aside, Akshay revealed that his wife Twinkle Khanna is very happy and his happiness lies in making her happy. How sweet is that!
Akshay On Toilet – Ek Prem Katha
Talking about his next film, Akshay revealed that, "Toilet - Ek Prem Katha is a satire, but it is also an entertainer. It is such a pity that 54 per cent of India still goes to the fields to relieve itself. This practice not only endangers them but also those around them."
Don't You Agree With Mr Kumar?
He further added, "If women in rural India had a toilet in their homes, we'd have 30 percent less rapes in the country. We really need to change the statistics if we are to become a safe, progressive country."
Going by his statements, one can say that Akshay has got a very positive mindset for BO clash and he's one thorough professional, who believes more in entertaining the audience rather than minting money at the box office!
Are you looking forward to this clash? Let us know, for whom are you rooting in the comments section below!