- Amitabh Bachchan On 102 Not Out: My Family Really Liked The Film, The Children Loved It
- 40 Years Of Amitabh Bachchan's Don: A Film Rejected By Dharmendra & Dev Anand & Accepted By Audience
- Rishi Kapoor: This Is An Era Of Actors, Non Actors Won’t Survive!
- Grand As Shahrukh's Mannat! Sonam Kapoor's BF Anand Ahuja's Bungalow Is COSTLIER Than The Bachchans
- 102 Not Out Review: Amitabh Bachchan & Rishi Kapoor Win This Match With Their First-Rate Innings!
- Rekha Comes Between Jaya & Aishwarya Rai Bachchan? Her PDA For Amitabh Bachchan IRRITATES His Family
- Amitabh Bachchan Is All Proud Of Daughter Shweta Bachchan! Know Why?
- Pooja Bhatt Gives Some Major Burns To Trollers Who Dug Out Her Past & Called Her 'An Alcoholic'!
- Amitabh Bachchan Requests Media To Not Bring Kathua Rape Case Topic At His Movie's Song Launch Event
- Abhishek Bachchan Trolled For Staying At Big B's House Even After His Marriage With Aishwarya Rai!
- Good Lord, Finally! Aamir Khan Explains His Character In-depth In Thugs Of Hindostan
- Priya Prakash Varrier WINKS Again, Revisits Amitabh Bachchan's Iconic Dialogue From Deewar!
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan was honoured with the Indian Film Personality Of The Year award at the 48th edition of IFFI and he chose the occasion to highlight the power of cinema saying, it brings people together irrespective of their caste, colour, creed or religion.
The 75-year-old actor said cinema is the only medium that offers 'poetic justice' in mere three hours and he is proud to be a part of the film fraternity.
Big B's Speech
"I have always felt that my request and regard for the Indian film industry have rested in the presence the film industry has had in our world. When we sit inside a dark hall we never ask the creed, the colour (or) the religion of the person sitting next to us."
Cinema A Wonderful Example Of Unity And Integration
"We see the same film, we laugh on the same joke, we cry on the same emotion, we sing the same songs. In this fast world of today, where can you find such a wonderful and worthy example of unity and integration as we do in the world of cinema," he said in his acceptance speech.
Big B Recalls A Conversation With His Father
Recalling a conversation he had with his father, eminent poet Harivansh Rai Bachchan, the actor said, "During the last years, my father used to sit in front of the television and see a Hindi film every evening, often it used to be my own film."
"One day, I asked him what attracts him towards Hindi cinema and he said 'I get to see poetic justice in three hours.' This is the power of cinema. I am a very proud Indian and also a very proud and small member of this exquisite fraternity."
Why Goa Holds A Special Place In Big B's Heart?
Bachchan was presented with the award by Akshay Kumar and the Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting, Smriti Irani. The actor, in his speech, also said that Goa is very close to his heart and thanked IFFI for the recognition.
"Goa is very close to my heart. My first film 'Saat Hindustani' was shot in Goa and therefore I have immense amount of memories and love for people of Goa. The very first fan I had was also from Goa her name is Zareen Fernandez."
Here's How Sid Paid Tribute To Big B
Actor Sidharth Malhotra paid tributes to Bachchan with a dance performance on his popular songs such as "Khaike paan Banaras", "Saara zamaana" and "Jumma chumma de de"
Akshay, who welcomed the star on stage called him the 'father of Indian cinema'. The actor recalled meeting Bachchan in Kashmir, as a teenager, and thanked him for inspiring hundreds of people to choose acting.
In her speech, Irani said, "You all, who have seen and studied Amitabh Bachchan's career, must be knowing that there was an incident when Amit ji went to audition for All India Radio and he was rejected and now it is ('vidhi ka vidhan') and our honour that the same ministry (Information and Broadcasting) is presenting you with this award. This is our honour and thank you so much."