TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Actor Arjun Kapoor has come out in support of Sanjay Leela Bhansali, whose magnum opus "Padmavati" is in trouble even before its release, saying the people need to have faith in the director's vision.
Bhansali released a video statement on the film's official Twitter account yesterday calling the Deepika Padukone-Shahid Kapoor-Ranveer Singh starrer his tribute to the "sacrifice, valour and honour" of Rani Padmavati.
Arjun defended the filmmaker in his tweet, "Yet again a man has to justify creativity because politics and propaganda create an ugly environment.
"He's a fantastic filmmaker his vision must be trusted. I'm sure Rani Padmavati and her story will be depicted with respect by him (and the actors)."
In his video appeal, Bhansali said rumours about a romantic dream sequence between Rani Padmavati (Padukone) and Alauddin Khil are not true as he was careful in depicting the 'Rajput honour and dignity'.
Various Rajput groups have accused the director of distorting historical facts. The Karni Sena has allegedly threatened to burn the theatres if the film is played in cinema halls before it is shown to them.