- REASON IS SURPRISING! Anushka Shetty REJECTS A Bollywood Offer & Prabhas Is To Be Solely Blamed
- JEALOUS FRIEND CURSED Ranbir & Katrina! Bollywood Stars Use BLACK MAGIC & VOODOO DOLLS To Hurt Rival
- Bollywood Actor Shrivallabh Vyas Passes Away
- INSIDE DETAILS! After Salman Khan, Karan Johar DITCHES Prabhas For Bollwood Debut; Here's Why
- READ THIS! Leave Bollywood, Baahubali Prabhas Talks About Hollywood Offers!
- Shahrukh Khan On Suhana's Public Appearances: We Aren't Taking Her Out To Make Her An Actress
- YOU CANNOT MISS IT! Meet The Lookalike Of Baahubali Prabhas; Also See Other Top Celebs' Doppelganger
- NOT A MONEY-MINDED GUY! Prabhas Reveals The Real Reason Why He Rejected His Bollywood Debut!
- Jio Filmfare Awards 2017 Red Carpet Pictures: Bollywood Celebs Turn Up The Heat!
- 20 Bollywood Movies To Watch Out For In 2017 [Make A Note Right Now]
- 2016 In Retrospect: Major Splits In Bollywood That Broke Our Hearts!
- Bollywood Celebs Mourn Fidel Castro's Demise...
Yes, you read it right and it is indeed very shocking and shameful! The owners of many agencies have revealed their horror stories to HT.
They have said that Bollywood celebrities abuse maids verbally, physically and financially. Not just that, they even told the daily that sometimes they even threaten the agency owners who try to register a complaint against them.
I Have Stopped Taking Contracts From Bollywood
Abhishek Sable, director at Happy Maids Service told HT, "I have stopped taking contracts from Bollywood. In the beginning, around three years ago, I provided house help to five-six celebrities.''
They Would Throw The Plate At Their Face
''In my experience, only a few celebs are good. The others never gave [the maids] decent food. And if they didn't like the food that the cook had made, they would throw the plate at their face. Gaali toh unke mooh pe rehti thi.''
They Would Wake The Cook Up With A Kick
"They would come home late at night and wake the cook up with a kick and tell them to cook [right then]. We tried going to the police, but to no avail.''
One Actor Falsely Accused The Maid Of Theft
''One actor falsely accused a maid of theft. When I took her to the police, she contacted some minister and the case was dismissed.''
Woh Maid Ko Time Par Khana Nai Dete The
Another service provider, on condition of anonymity, says, "An incident took place at an actor's house. She is divorced with two children and comes from a family of actors. Woh maid ko time pe khaana nahi dete the.''
They Fed Her Leftover Food
''Whatever was left over from their parties, they'd feed her that. We can't leave the maids in such conditions. These things happen with stars.''
They Also Create Problems With Salary
''Hum zada inn logo ka kaam nahi lete hain, kyuki inke complaints aate rehte hain. They also create problems with salary - they feel that people are dying to work at their houses, so they can decide what they want to pay."
The Maids Have Placed Their Trust In Us
Anupam Singhal, co-founder of Book My Bai and writer of the blog post exposing the celebs, says, "We provide over 2,000 maids in a month. We've provided help to around 35 celebrities, out of which around 26 such cases have come to me. [The maid] has placed her trust in us and my responsibility is to get her a good job at a good household."
My Experience With Bollywood Celebrities Has Been Bad
''And when I know my experience with Bollywood celebrities has been bad, I have no reason to get her a job there. I also have examples where the celebrity has taken very good care of the maids.''
We Are Turning Them Down
''But in the majority of the cases, some sort of abuse or exploitation has happened. We have a few pending requests from celebrities that we're turning down now.
It's Inhuman; Some Are Even National Award Winners
"It's inhuman to have physical abuse, verbal abuse, economic abuse. Maids are not paid salaries for months together. That's the reason I came out and wrote the blog, because many of them are role models, some even National Award winners."
If I Take A Name; The Celebrity Will Slap A Defamation Case
"If I take a name, the celebrity slaps a defamation case against [our] company. The maid should stand next to me and say that she'll go to the police and file a case. Otherwise, I would have nothing to prove.''
There's A Social Stigma
''Most of these maids refrain from going to the police because they say they've come here to earn money and not get into legal hassles. There's a social stigma about what their families will think."
Physical Abuse Of The Maid Was Almost A Daily Affair
"Physical abuse of the maid was almost a daily affair. As soon as we got to know, we asked the maid to leave as soon as possible. When she came to our office, we could see physical marks on her body of physical abuse.''
Well, we are out of words after reading it. What about you readers?