- 5 Pictures Of Sonam Kapoor Dressed As An Elegant Bride!
- Jackie Shroff On 'Lakhan' Anil's Daughter Sonam Kapoor's Wedding: 'If Ram Won't Go Then Who Would?'
- Anil Kapoor To Dance To THIS Song On Sonam Kapoor’s Sangeet Ceremony!
- The Accidental Prime Minister: Anupam Kher Looks Every Bit Like Ex PM Dr. Manmohan Singh!
- Hollywood Legend Robert De Niro Throws A Surprise Birthday Dinner For Anupam Kher!
- RIP Sridevi! From Katrina Kaif's Heartfelt Post To Jacqueline Fernandez's Musical Tribute
The Supreme Court ruling on triple talaq will start a new chapter in empowerment of Muslim women in India, said Bollywood celebrities who hailed the verdict recently. The apex court, by a 3:2 majority judgment, held triple talaq being practised by the Muslim community as "unconstitutional", "arbitrary" and "not part of Islam".
Here's what some Bollywood celebrities tweeted:
Anupam Kher: Some decisions are not for libtards, pappus or even Bhakts. The decision of triple talaq is for the win of women empowerment.
Madhur Bhandarkar: Welcome judgement by Supreme Court to declare triple talaq as unconstitutional. This will start a new chapter in empowerment of Muslim women.
Dia Mirza: A win for democracy! Historic day for women's rights in our country. Equality, triple talaq, human rights, Supreme Court.
Kabir Bedi: Since Supreme Court has declared triple talaq "unconstitutional", why does Parliament have to enact a new law to void it.
Luv S Sinha: Good to read that triple talaq has been deemed unconstitutional. A victory for Muslim women and another step towards equality. With inputs from IANS.