- HAUNTING IMAGES! The ORIGINAL PICTURES Of The KUND Where Rani Padmavati Committed JAUHAR
- FINALLY! Sanjay Leela Bhansali Breaks His Silence; Talks About Padmaavat
- What I Had Said Would Happen: MP CM On Screening Of Bhansali's Padmaavat
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali Is DEPRESSED; Has Stopped Eating & Sleeping Cos Of This DISTURBING Reason
- Have Accepted All Five CBFC Modifications: Padmavat Producers Rubbish The Rumours Of 300 Cuts
- Deepika Padukone Starrer 'Padmavat' Will Not Be Released In Rajasthan: CM Vasundhara Raje
The Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) has sent Sanjay Leela Bhansali-directed Padmavati back to the makers as the application for the certification was "incomplete".
According to the CBFC, the movie, which has been facing protest from several Rajput groups, will be reviewed as per the set norms once it is sent back to the board after sorting out the issue.
"The film was submitted for certification last week. We examined the documents, as we normally do. It was conveyed to the makers that their application was incomplete. They had to rectify and send it back, we will view it when it comes back to us," a source in the CBFC told PTI.
"When they (makers) rectify the deficiency we will again scrutinise it once more and when the turn comes we will examine it (film for certification)," the source added.
The source, however, refused to divulge details about the "deficiency in the application" on account of which it was returned to the makers for rectification.
When asked about the date for screening of the film, the source said, "When it comes back to us we will put it in queue and see when the turn comes, there will be no exception (in case of 'Padmavati')." Ajit Andhare, COO, Viacom 18 Motion Pictures, confirmed the reports.
"That's true. But film is with the CBFC, it is merely a minor technical issue. Nothing stops them from seeing the film if they want," he told PTI.
Padmavati starring Deepika Padukone, Shahid Kapoor and Ranveer Singh is set for December 1 release.