- Ranbir Kapoor Ignores Katrina Kaif While Singing Praises Of Deepika Padukone & Alia Bhatt!
- Move Over Ranbir-Alia! Deepika Padukone Just Publicly Declared Her Love For Ranveer Singh
- Deepika Padukone Visits Her Apartment After The Fire Incident! Here's What She Has To Say
- BREAKING NEWS! Fire Breaks Out At Deepika Padukone's Residential Building In Mumbai!
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Wedding Venue Finalised! Location Looks So Heavenly & Breathtaking
- Deepika Padukone Asks To Be Paid Like Shahrukh & Salman? A Director Reveals Her Unacceptable Demands
Actress Deepika Padukone says she is honoured to be a part of the Academy of Motion Picture of Arts & Sciences for its 'Class of 2017'.
"Honoured to be a new Academy member. Class of 2017," Deepika tweeted on Wednesday.
Deepika made her debut in Hollywood with "xXx: Return of Xander Cage" earlier this year.
Last month, the Academy invited a record 744 members from 57 countries to its governing body, surpassing the 683 invitations issued in 2016.
Indian actors like Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Aamir Khan and Priyanka Chopra were also mentioned in the list.
The Academy was under pressure to diversify its membership for several years, the criticism reaching a crescendo in 2015, when all 20 acting nominees were white, starting the #OscarsSoWhite controversy. The Academy is doing damage control since then.
On the work front, Deepika will be next seen in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Padmavati. The film also casts Ranveer Singh and Shahid Kapoor in the lead roles.