- Indian Idol 10: Fans Praise Salman Ali; Vishal Bhardwaj Calls Him A Powerhouse Of Talent!
- Deepika Padukone On Irrfan Khan's Illness: Life Is Fragile, Anything Can Happen To Anyone!
- Priyanka Chopra In Vishal Bhardwaj's Next; The Shoot To Kick-start Next Year
- Vishal Bhardwaj Has A Quirky Yet Amazing Solution For Two Actors Not Getting Along On The Film Sets
- Birthday Special: Best Films Of Vishal Bhardwaj
- Irrfan Khan Health Update: The Actor Is Doing Great! He Sings & Records Songs, Says Vishal Bhardwaj
Actress Deepika Padukone will share screen space with Irrfan Khan once again after Piku for Vishal Bhardwaj's yet untitled production. The filmmaker says the actress is a rare combination of a superstar and good actor.
"I think Deepika is one the finest actresses that we have in the country. She is combination of superstar and good actor. It's a rare combination that a performer is a superstar and at the same time has great acting abilities. Deepika is one of them," Bhardwaj told IANS.
The film will be directed by Honey Trehan who is a casting director and assistant director known for Omkara, Udta Punjab and Kaminey.
"I am more excited for my friend Honey Trehan who has been with me for last 20 years and he is very lucky that in his first film itself, he has got such fabulous cast. I am so happy and excited to produce this film. The film will go on floors in January," Bhardwaj added.
The Irrfan and Deepika starrer is based on one of the chapters from S. Hussain Zaidi's book Mafia Queens of Mumbai. Deepika will essay the role of feared mafia don Rahima Khan popularly known as Sapna Didi, while Irrfan will play a local gangster.
Deepika will be working with Vishal for the first time and will start shooting for the film after completing Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Padmavati.
The last film Bhardwaj directed was Rangoon.