TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Ananth Kumar Passes Away: PM Narendra Modi Flies Down To Bangalore
- Here Are all The Upcoming Smartphone Launches For The Month Of November 2018
- Maruti Electric Cars From E-Trio Automobiles: Electric Alto And WagonR
- Nick Jonas Bachelor's Party: New Pictures Emerge
- How To Turn Any Financial Crisis Into A Profit Making Opportunity?
- Migrane? Here Is a List Of Diseases Linked To Migraine
- Must-know Interesting Facts About Kochi
- ICC rankings: Kuldeep, Dhawan & Hafeez Move Up The Charts
Actress Deepika Padukone will share screen space with Irrfan Khan once again after Piku for Vishal Bhardwaj's yet untitled production. The filmmaker says the actress is a rare combination of a superstar and good actor.
"I think Deepika is one the finest actresses that we have in the country. She is combination of superstar and good actor. It's a rare combination that a performer is a superstar and at the same time has great acting abilities. Deepika is one of them," Bhardwaj told IANS.
The film will be directed by Honey Trehan who is a casting director and assistant director known for Omkara, Udta Punjab and Kaminey.
"I am more excited for my friend Honey Trehan who has been with me for last 20 years and he is very lucky that in his first film itself, he has got such fabulous cast. I am so happy and excited to produce this film. The film will go on floors in January," Bhardwaj added.
The Irrfan and Deepika starrer is based on one of the chapters from S. Hussain Zaidi's book Mafia Queens of Mumbai. Deepika will essay the role of feared mafia don Rahima Khan popularly known as Sapna Didi, while Irrfan will play a local gangster.
Deepika will be working with Vishal for the first time and will start shooting for the film after completing Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Padmavati.
The last film Bhardwaj directed was Rangoon.