- Nick Jonas & Priyanka Chopra Engagement: Deepika Padukone Wasn't Invited But Ranveer Singh Was?
- Deepika Padukone Starts Preparing For Her Wedding With Ranveer; This Is The First Thing She Bought
- Priyanka Chopra's Engagement Party: Why Shahrukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Will Skip It
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Ask Guests Not To Carry A Mobile Phone At Their Wedding!
- Prabhas Rejected This Blockbuster Film Opposite Deepika Padukone For Not Getting A Meaty Role!
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh’s Wedding In Italy Confirmed! Kabir Bedi Sends Out Wishes!
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Walk Hand-in-hand, On A Secret Vacation! Watch Videos
- Lake Como: Pics Of Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh's Wedding Destination Will Take Your Breath Away
- While Facing Trolls For Mulk, Anubhav Sinha Is Taking Inspiration From Deepika Padukone!
- Ex-lovers Katrina Kaif & Salman Khan To Follow Ranbir Kapoor & Deepika Padukone's Footsteps!
- Deepika Padukone Becomes The First B-Town Celebrity To Make It To The A-List Area At Madame Tussauds
- After Deepika Padukone, Shahid Kapoor To Get A Wax Statue At Madame Tussauds!
Sanjay Leela Bhansali may have a reputation for being a tough taskmaster on the sets but Deepika Padukone believes she has developed shorthand with the director after collaborating with him on three films.
Deepika, who plays the titular character in Bhansali's 'Padmavati', said she would initially rehearse a lot before shooting a particular scene but her performance has become more instinctive now.
Deepika On Working With SLB
"With Sanjay Leela Bhansali, you don't count the number of takes, you just go with the flow. You have to switch off from things like your heavy headgear, costume or how uncomfortable the dupatta is on your head."
Deepika On Being Injured
"When the camera is on, it is all about what I am doing and the energy. After the shoot, you realise (there are) injuries," Deepika told reporters here at the 3D trailer launch of the film last night.
Deepika On Her Equation With Bhansali
Deepika reportedly wore a heavy lehnga while doing the dance number ‘Ghoomar'.
The actor said there was more trust as an actor-director between them and that had helped her a lot.
Deepika Goes With The Flow With Bhansali
"When I did the first film (Ram Leela), I felt I have to rehearse, be prepared as an actor on the sets. I have to know exactly what I have to do and deliver exactly in the way he (Bhansali) wants.
"But halfway through 'Bajirao Mastani', I realised that I have to trust him and go with the flow."
Deepika Said ‘Padmavati’ Made Her Feel Nervous About Her Performance.
"I feel there is something about this one, it is not from the heart or mind, it is from the gut. It is coming from a completely different place. It has been an extremely emotional journey for us, especially after the trailer launch."
The film also stars Ranveer Singh, Shahid Kapoor and Aditi Rao Hydari.
Inputs From PTI