- Maanayata Dutt Knew About Sanjay Dutt's 308 Girlfriends: Dia Mirza Reveals Inside Details
- IIFA Awards 2018: Karan Johar Says If You Can't 'Reuse' Talent, Then Refuse That Talent!
- Did Dia Mirza Take A Dig At The Khans? Says 50-Year-Old Stars Want To Work With The Younger Talent
- Alia Bhatt, Kangana Ranaut, Juhi Chawla, Dia Mirza & Arjun Kapoor Celebrate World Environment Day
- A Big Fat Wedding: Katrina Kaif, Ranveer Singh & Shahid Kapoor Set The Stage On Fire [Inside Photos]
- Dia Mirza: It's About Time That Women In Bollywood Address Gender Disparity
Dia Mirza has been away from the limelight for six years and was last seen in the film 'Love Breakups Zindagi' which released in 2011. However, the actress revealed that she doesn't mind being away from the arclights in pursuit of quality cinema. She said, "What has kept me away is the desire to be part of quality cinema that I feel warrants my full attention and love. I have invested 15 years of my life into a film career... Seven of which I have invested to being a film producer."
Also, the wait was worth it as Dia Mirza has landed a plum role in Ranbir Kapoor starrer Sanjay Dutt's biopic. Dia will be playing the role of Sanjay's wife Manyata Dutt in the biopic. She expressed her happiness on getting the role and said, "I am really happy that I am doing the Sanjay Dutt biopic and that's what I was really aiming to be a part of just credible work. And I hope that these choices -- as scary as they can be because it's not easy to say no to work will translate into all that I believe I offer, and do as an artiste."
When asked about the preparation she is going through for the role, she quipped, "I'm shooting for the Dutt biopic right now, I can't talk much about the part or the film as of now because we are under production." The film would see Ranbir Kapoor playing the role of Sanjay Dutt and Paresh Rawal would play the role of Sunil Dutt. Also, Manisha Koirala would be playing the role of Nargis, Sanjay Dutt's mother.