- Nanu Ki Jaanu Review: Beware, Ghosts Can Haunt You If You Don't Follow Road Traffic Safety Rules!
- INTERVIEW! Abhay Deol: Superhero Franchises Are Just To Make Money, They Bore Me!
- Zero: Katrina Kaif Turns A Beautiful Bride In Red But Who's The Lucky Man?
- Wedding On The Cards? Rajkummar Rao Might Tie The Knot To The Love Of His Life Patralekha!
- Abhay Deol On Working With His Family: I Want The Script To Be Perfect
- Abhay Deol Spills Beans About Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara 2 & Working With Shahrukh Khan In Zero!
- Zero: Katrina Kaif Posts A Picture With 'Birthday Boy' Abhay Deol & It's SUPER CUTE!
- PROUD OF YOU! Priyanka Chopra OPENS Up About Why She Stopped Endorsing Fairness Cream Brands!
- TOO MUCH DRAMA! Sonam Kapoor & Abhay Deol Indulge In Twitter War Over Fairness Creams Endorsement!
- VIRAL! Abhay Deol ROASTS Shahrukh, Deepika, Sonam, Shahid & Others For Endorsing Fairness Creams!
- These CANDID Shots Of Ranbir, Deepika, Alia, Kareena & Others Is A Pure Treat For The Eyes!
- Abhay Deol Not A Part Of Diana Penty's Happy Bhag Jayegi Sequel?
Abhay Deol recently created a storm on the social media when he went on a Facebook rant and called out Bollywood's A-listers right from Shahrukh Khan to Deepika Padukone for endorsing fairness cream brands and promoting racism in the country.
Now while talking to a leading daily, the actor has clarified his stand and said that he has nothing personal against the Bollywood celebs. Read on to know more...
Sonam Kapoor Tried To Troll Abhay Deol
While most of the celebs chose to keep mum, Abhay's cousin sister Sonam Kapoor chose to give a sarcastic reply by dragging Esha Deol in the scene by digging out a picture of her endorsing a similar product. However later she deleted the post after getting trolled online.
Abhay Deol Reveals The Real Reason Behind His Facebook Rant & Reacts To Sonam Taunting Him
The actor while talking to Mumbai Mirror said, "Honestly I didn't care what people from the fraternity think because this is not about me or them. I have nothing personal against them. I put up the post because I was tired of celebrities and brands telling me that they are simply propagating a regressive message which has existed in our society for hundreds of years. The frustration comes from the fact that by cashing in on it we're only perpetuating it further. So, since this is not about Sonam and me, let's stick to the issue at hand, shall we?"
I'M Not Holier Than Thou
Abhay was quoted saying, "I have my faults too; I'm not holier than thou. I only wish to stop reinforcing a myth so we can deal with the real problem. Some people will take offence to everything. That's okay, we need people like that so we can know what not to do."
As A Child, Abhay Thought Of His Skin Tone As An Advantage
He revealed that he often heard people say "Hai kitna gora hai, his cheeks are so red," growing up. And as a child, he thought of his skin tone as an advantage. "The ads reiterating that fair-skinned people became successful confirmed the notion. It was only when I went to Los Angeles for further studies and befriended many browns and blacks who were proud of their complexion that I realised how wrong the conditioning had been, " added Abhay.
Folks, what are your thoughts on Abhay Deol tearing Bollywood for endorsing fairness creams? Do let us know in the comment box below.