- Madsaur Gang Rape Case: Swara Bhaskar, Esha Gupta, Farhan Akhtar & Others Say 'Enough Is Enough'!
- Aamir Khan Sets Trends On Instagram; Aishwarya Rai, Farhan Akhtar & Sushant Singh Rajput Follow!
- Ranveer Singh, Karan Johar & Others Praise Harshvardhan Kapoor's Bhavesh Joshi Trailer
- Shraddha Kapoor Will Get Married To Whom, Papa Shakti Kapoor Has The Answer!
- Kathua Rape Case: Sonam Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar, Riteish Deshmukh & Others Demand Justice For The Girl
- Farhan Akhtar Makes His Telugu Singing Debut For Superstar Mahesh Babu!
We all know that Farhan Akhtar comes from a filmy background as his father Javed Akhtar is a lyricist and his mother Honey Irani is an actor and a screenwriter. Little do we know about his great-great-grandfather Fazl-e-Haq Khairabadi. The actor is now keen to dig deep into his roots and wants to know more about him by visiting the place he lived many years ago.
Farhan Akhtar's great-great-grandfather Fazl-e-Haq Khairabadi was a renowned poet, philosopher and a religious scholar from Khairabad, which is located 80kms from present day Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. The Rock On 2 star is keen to visit and explore the place.
A source close to the actor was quoted as saying, "Apparently, his great-great-grandfather was also a very important part of the revolt in 1857. He had died serving life imprisonment in cellular jail (aka Kala Pani) in Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands. While Farhan has heard stories about him from the elders of his family, he wished to find out more by personally visiting the place some day when he gets the chance to."
The source concluded, "The actor is now interested in tracing back his roots and to delve deep into the curiously captivating life of his great-great-grandfather."