- Da-Bangg Reloaded: Salman Khan Romances Katrina Kaif, Goes 'Jumme Ki Raat' With Jacqueline Fernandez
- Salman Khan & Katrina Kaif SUED For 'Million Dollar Breach' In The United States!
- Rare Sighting! Ajay Devgn Attends Salman Khan's Race 3 Screening
- Kalank: Madhuri Dixit To Play A Courtesan, Sanjay Dutt Turns Raja?
- Happy Phir Bhag Jayegi: You Won't Believe What Sonakshi Sinha Did For A Scene In This Film!
- Kalank: Madhuri Dixit To Play Alia Bhatt's Dance Teacher In This Sanjay Dutt- Varun Dhawan Film?
On the occasion of International Women's Day, Sonakshi Sinha opened up about how feminism is wrongly being used by a lot of groups for male bashing and the actress clarified that true feminism is all about supporting equal rights of both the genders. She said, "I feel feminism is all about uplifting one another. It's not about male bashing and using it to your advantage. You can't use it as per your convenience. Being a feminist doesn't mean that you have to bash the other sex. For me, feminism is about helping each other out, uplift each other and support gender equality."
She also commented, "Yes, some people do that (male bashing). But that's not what it's about. A lot of people try and use it to their advantage, and you aren't supposed to use it to your advantage, but for the upliftment of women. Today, a man can also be a feminist, if he supports and fights for equality of women. So, it's not restricted to just women. A feminist can be anyone, regardless of the gender." Wow! Golden words spoken there by Sonakshi Sinha.
The payscale gap is something that women are fighting against in recent years as they are demanding equal pay for their work. Sonakshi quipped, "Today, we live in a time when films are being written and made keeping female protagonists in mind. So, if a film can have a male lead and he can be paid a certain amount, why can't you pay a female actor the same? It's logical. But as I said, women have started raising their voices and I think things are moving in a direction where that change will also happen."
On the work front, the trailer of Sonakshi Sinha's upcoming film 'Noor' is out and it's been widely accepted by the audiences. The film is all set to hit the theatres on April 21, 2017. The film also stars Purab Kohli in a lead role.