- Rajkummar Rao’s Newton & Akshay Kumar’s Jolly LLB 2 Among Films To Be Screened At IFFI
- WAIT, WHAT! Shahrukh Khan To Step Into Akshay Kumar's Shoes For Jolly LLB 3?
- Jolly LLB 2 Box Office Collection: Akshay Kumar's Film Joins The 100 Crore Club!
- Huma Qureshi Has A Bright Future: Shatrughan Sinha
- Jolly LLB 2 First Weekend (3 Days) Box Office Collection: Akshay Kumar’s Film Is Unstoppable!
- Jolly LLB 2 First Day (Opening) Box Office Collection! Akshay Kumar Arrives With A Bang!
It looks like the legal tussle with Akshay Kumar starrer Jolly LLB 2 is a never-ending process. At first, advocates found the name of the film offensive, then claimed that the film is making a mockery of the lawyer'sprofession and also said that it pokes fun at the Indian judiciary system. If you think the dust has settled, you are totally wrong! Now footwear brand Bata India has taken offence to a dialogue from the film and claims that it shows the brand in a bad light.
Not only have they taken offence about the dialogue, they're also offended by the subtitles as well. Bata India has gone to court and sued the film-makers of Jolly LLB 2 by claiming that the dialogue and subtitles are derogatory and defamatory to the brands reputation.
If you are wondering what is so bad and humiliating about the dialogue and subtitles, well here you go - "Varna kya.... Bata ka joota pehan kar, tuchhi si terricot ki shirt pehan kar, sala hum se zabaan lada rahe hain." The subtitles in English replace the word 'Bata' with 'Cheap Shoes'. It read as, "Who are you to argue with me in your CHEAP SHOES and shabby clothes".
Bata India released a statement saying, "The brand Bata has been deliberately shown in an extremely bad taste and the dialogue was intended to convey that the brand Bata is adorned only by lower strata of society and one should feel humiliated if one wears Bata footwear."