- Ranbir Kapoor Feels JEALOUS Of Ranveer Singh's Success? Here's What The Actor Has To Say!
- This Is What Ranbir Kapoor Said About Vidhu Vinod Chopra's Statement On Casting Ranveer For Sanju
- Venue Is Set! Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone To Get Married In This Beautiful Country?
- When Ajith Kumar Gave Up His Room For Ranveer Singh!
- Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone Finalize Their Destination Wedding Date, Insiders Leak Details!
- Sanju: Vidhu Vinod Chopra Admits He REJECTED Ranbir Kapoor; Wanted To REPLACE Him With Ranveer Singh
- Move Over Ranbir-Alia! Deepika Padukone Just Publicly Declared Her Love For Ranveer Singh
- Salman Khan & Katrina Kaif SUED For 'Million Dollar Breach' In The United States!
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Wedding Venue Finalised! Location Looks So Heavenly & Breathtaking
- Deepika Padukone Makes A HUGE SACRIFICE WRT Her Career Because Of Her Wedding With Ranveer Singh?
- First Picture Of Ranveer Singh & Sara Ali Khan From The Sets Of Simmba Is Out!
- Is Ranbir Kapoor Creating TROUBLE In Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh's Wedding? Shocking Details!
Sanjay Leela Bhansali's magnum opus Padmavati is one of the most awaited films. A couple of days back, we saw pictures of Shahid Kapoor practising sword-fighting doing the rounds on the internet. The film also stars Deepika Padukone.
Now we have some interesting scoop about Ranveer Singh's role in the film. Read on to know more...
Ranveer's Character To Be Bisexual
While it is known that the Befikre actor is playing the role of shrewd yet powerful Alauddin Khilji, buzz is that Bhansali also plans to explore Khilji's fascination and attraction to his slave-general Malik Kafur.
Ranveer Is All Game For It
Earlier when quizzed about taking up such a role, Ranveer had said in a podcast that if the script demands he would not mind playing such roles but for that to happen it really needs to be special to him.
Who Was Malik Kafur?
According to some historical facts, Alauddin Khilji has been described as a bisexual. The famous historian Devdatt Patnaik had once written that Khilji bought a boy from Gujarat in thousands of gold coin and it was tthis boy who grew up to become the dangerous general Malik Kafur.
Jim Sarbh To Essay This Role
Reportedly, Jim Sarbh who was last seen in Sushant Singh Rajput- Kriti Sanon starrer Raabta has been roped in to play Malik Kafur.
What's In Store
An Indiatimes.com report quoted a source as saying, "Khilji will be shown having feelings for Kafur and Bhansali has shot these scenes in a subtle manner so as not to hurt anybody's sentiments."
Playing Khilji Was Like A Therapy For Ranveer
Ranveer was quoted as saying to a leading daily, "It was a very difficult character to play. I am a people pleaser, admittedly. I like to spread cheer and laughter. I like to keep the atmosphere light - even if it means making stupid jokes and acting silly and crass. But, when I became Alauddin Khilji for the movie, there's no trace of that person.
Some actors are that way, where the external starts to affect the internal. At some point during filming, everybody realized that at one point in the morning you'll have Ranveer and the rest of the day will be Khilji. My whole energy changed. Which is good, because at least I know I'm doing an honest job in the film.
But, yeah, I'm almost done now and I have to say what I told myself holds true to some extent. All the darkness has been lived out, it's been addressed. It's almost like therapy."
He Is Playing An Antagonist For The First Time
Padmavati has Ranveer Singh playing a negative character for the first time. He plays Khilji who is obssessed with Rani Padmavati's beauty. Shahid Kapoor essays the role of Raja Ratan Rawal.
Meanwhile, there were rumours about the film's release date being pushed to next year. But, the makers has brushed off these speculations. There were even reports about the film's teaser being out on this Navratri. However, there is no official confirmation yet.