TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2018 Election Results Update: Kamal Nath To Be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- IPL Auction 2019: 5 Indians Who Will Not Get Big Bids
- Vivo Carnival On Amazon India: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- New Renault Cars For 2019 — New Renault MPV, Duster & Kwid Facelift Set To Launch Soon
- How Has NPS Withdrawal Become 100% Tax Free?
- The Bachchans Arrive To Bless Isha & Anand On Their Wedding!
- 17 Benefits Of Arrowroot: For Health, Hair & Skin
- Kashmir — The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
Amid the ongoing uproar over Padmavati, a Meerut-based outfit today demanded action against those threatening Deepika Padukone, the lead actress of the movie.
The Parshuram Swabhiman Sena issued a statement, condemning the threats. "There should be a strict action against those persons who are issuing threats to Deepika Padukone," Sena said in the statement.
Amid rumours that there was a romantic dream sequence between Rani Padmavati and Alauddin Khilji's characters, many Rajput groups and others have been protesting against the movie, alleging that it distorts history.
Director Sanjay Leela Bhansali, in a video appeal earlier this month, had stated that there was no such sequence in the movie and he was careful in depicting the "Rajput honour and dignity".
Historians are divided on whether Rani Padmavati even existed but irate Rajput groups have called the film an insult to their honour.