- Shahid Kapoor On Facing Tough Competition From New Kids On The Block
- Mira Rajput Urges Fans Not To Send Gifts For Zain & The Reason Is Genuine!
- Shahid Kapoor's Daughter Misha Unwell, Skips Batti Gul Meter Chalu Promotions To Stay By Her Side!
- After Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput, Kareena Kapoor Khan Confirms She Will Be Planning For Second Child!
- Shahid Kapoor's Honest Confession: I Became Relevant After Seven To Eight Years Into My Career
- Will Shahid Kapoor Not Allow The Paparazzi To Click Pictures Of His Kids Anymore? Find Out!
- Why Shahid Kapoor & Mira Rajput Named Their Son Zain Kapoor, Complete Details Revealed!
- FIRST PIC: Shahid Kapoor & Mira Rajput Spotted Outside The Hospital With Baby Boy Zain Kapoor
- Mira Rajput's Birthday: Celebration Time In The Kapoor Household!
- Shahid Kapoor Throws A Challenge At Saif Ali Khan, We Wonder What Kareena Has To Say!
- Shahid Kapoor Reveals Why He Feels Lucky To Have Mira Rajput As His Wife!
- Congratulations! Shahid Kapoor & Mira Rajput Are Blessed With A Baby Boy
The controversy surrounding Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Padmavati just seems to be getting murkier each day with political elements and fringe groups jumping into the picture.
What was even more horrifying was that recently a BJP official from Haryana, Suraj Pal Amu, made an inflammatory speech against Deepika Padukone by announcing Rs 10 Crores bounty on hers and Sanjay Leela Bhansali's heads and also threatened to break Ranveer Singh's legs, who plays the role of Allaudin Khilji!
Shahid Kapoor who was one of the guests at the inaugural ceremony of the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) finally broke his silence on the Padmavati row. Here's what he had to say...
He Doesn't Believe In Losing His Temper
The actor told the reporters, "Sometimes films of this nature.... it gets a bit complicated. I will choose to be optimistic till the due course is done. This is not the time to be angry, not the time to lose your cool. There are enough people doing that. So I would choose to say that I believe in the process."
He Is Optimistic About The Film
"I am sure 'Padmavati' will come out. It is a film we are very very proud of. I am sure once people see the film, all this will be forgotten."
Please, No Violence!
Shahid condemned the violence threats against o-star Deepika Padukone, calling it "shameful".
Here's What He Says
"Of course, any kind of conversation which is violent is not in good taste. I think it was absolutely uncalled for. I hope we will live up to the expectation of the people. I don't want to make any comments specific to a group," he said when asked to respond to Shri Rajput Karni Sena's comments on the film.
Aamir Khan Had A Long Chat With Deepika
A source told DNA, "The moment Aamir read the news, he immediately called up Deepika to check on her. He was extremely concerned about her. Aamir and Deepika had a long conversation about the whole scenario and he assured her of being there for her if needed.
Deepika's Co-Star Shahrukh Khan Too Expressed His Concern
The source further added, "Deepika's other co-stars including Shah Rukh Khan also called Deepika. Everyone has expressed concern. Deepika, on the other hand, is maintaining an extremely strong stand."
Was The Controversy One Of The Reasons Why Deepika Skipped IFFI?
Buzz is that Deepika didn't manage to make it to the Film festival and as per a Mumbai Mirror report, it has got to do with Padmavati. A senior filmmaker told the daily, "Deepika Padukone had confirmed her presence at the festival but was asked not attend in the light of threats to her life as well as the growing controversy around the film."
While it is confirmed that the release date of Padmavati has been 'voluntarily deferred' in the wake of this controversy, there are several rumours doing the rounds about the film's new release date.