- Swara Bhaskar Hammers Vivek Agnihotri For His Misogynist Tweet, Gets His Twitter Handle Locked
- Swara Bhaskar: Hollywood Celebrities Can Speak Against Their President & Still Feel Safe!
- Madsaur Gang Rape Case: Swara Bhaskar, Esha Gupta, Farhan Akhtar & Others Say 'Enough Is Enough'!
- Swara Bhaskar On Her Controversial Masturbation Scene From VDW: Wanted It To Look Comic, Not Vulgar
- Veere Di Wedding Box Office Report! Kareena-Sonam Film Passes The Crucial Monday Test
- Swara Bhaskar Shuts Down Haters Who Trolled Her For Masturbation Scene In Veere Di Wedding!
- Veere Di Wedding First Weekend (3 Days) Box Office Collection Is Jaw-Dropping!
- Veere Di Wedding Saturday (2 Days) Box Office Collection!
- Veere Di Wedding Review: Why Should Boys Have All The Fun?
- Interesting! Swara Bhaskar Reveals What Happened When She Met Kareena Kapoor For The First Time
- Swara Bhaskar Gets Memed As The 'Nirma Girl' On Internet, The Actress Has A HILARIOUS Reply!
- Veere Di Wedding Song Tareefan Is Out! Sonam Kapoor & Kareena Kapoor Look Hip N' Happening!
Ever since the Harvey Weinstein controversy broke in Hollywood, we have had a lot of our B-town celebs too opening up about casting couch and sexual harassment being prevalent in our film industry.
The recent one to talk about this is Swara Bhaskar who recently while speaking to a leading daily revealed how she was harassed by a filmmaker during her early days in Bollywood. Scroll down to read more...
It Isn't All That Easy In The Industry
Swara was quoted as saying, "Of course. I've been propositioned by men who were in a position to cast me. I lost a few roles because I didn't give in. It made me vulnerable, nervous. Some people even stopped responding to my messages because they knew I would not give in. Being an articulate, educated girl they sensed that I would not take things lying down."
Shocking But True!
"There have been catcalls during shoots and eve-teasing on one of my sets. I've been groped by a mob during promotions", added the actress.
From Stalking To Asking S*xual Favours
Recollecting an unfortunate incident from her initial days in Bollywood, Swara revealed, "During a 56-day outdoor at a remote location, when I was still fairly new, the director harassed me with texts and dinner invites. He stalked me during the day and called me through the night. I was asked to go to his hotel room on the pretext of discussing the scene and would find him drinking. During the first week itself, he started talking about love and sex and one night, arrived in my room, drunk, and asked to be hugged. It was scary!"
It Was A Nightmarish Experience For Swara
"I was young and alone. I would switch off the lights after pack-up and remove my make up in the dark so he would think I was asleep and stop calling me."
Say No To Casting Couch!
She also spoke about that the best way for an actress to deal with such kind of harassment. Talking about it, Swara said, "Lose the part but don't get on the couch. It's not a feminist choice and it's certainly not a liberating choice. It's like giving a bribe and that is succumbing to a wrong."
On The Work Front
The actress will be next seen in Shashanka Ghosh's Veere Di Wedding co-starring Sonam Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor Khan and Shikha Talsania.