- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Will Not Marry In 2018, But 2019 It Is! Read Details
- Rivalry Over Wedding! Deepika Padukone Wants Everything That Priyanka Chopra Gets, Says A Filmmaker
- Ranveer Singh Renovates His House, Could It Be For The Wedding With Deepika Padukone?
- An Usually Cool Deepika Padukone Loses Temper When Asked About Her Wedding With Ranveer Singh!
- Deepika Padukone Talks About Ex-Boyfriend, Says Only Ranbir Kapoor Had The Guts To Say This To Me!
- Deepika Padukone To Return In The Next 'xXx' Film, Confirms Director DJ Caruso!
BJP MLA from Goshamahal constituency Raja Singh said he would try to stop the upcoming release of the Bollywood film Padmavati if it portrays the Rajput queen incorrectly.
He claimed the film made by noted director Sanjay Leela Bhansali has incorrect facts.
"You (film director) show what the fact is. But, if you add masala for money and show differently, how can we keep quiet. That is why, you change the story and release the film. If you release as it is, we will stop the movie. That is our effort," Singh said.
"We will definitely stop the movie in the theatres where you release the film. If you release in a theatre by force, we said we will burn..," he said.
"I am not inciting you. This is our culture. It is the duty of every Indian to protect this. Because, Rajas and Maharajahs did not fight for personal (gains). They fought for nations security. They made sacrifices for nations security. Hence, if any dog makes any movie on our Maharanis (queen) for personal selfishness...makes movie to earn more money, it is the duty of every Indian, every Hindu and every Rajput to boycott that," he said.
The Sanjay Leela Bhansali film has kicked up a controversy as Rajput organisations in Rajasthan have accused the filmmaker of distorting history.
Padmavati, starring Deepika Padukone, Shahid Kapoor and Ranveer Singh, is slated for release on December 1. Singh had been embroiled in controversies in the past as well. PTI