- Catfight Brewing Between Kriti Sanon & Shraddha Kapoor! Sushant Singh Rajput To Be Blamed?
- Deepika Padukone Ends Cold War With Katrina Kaif; Does The Unexpected On Her Birthday!
- Irrfan Khan Health Update: The Actor Is Doing Great! He Sings & Records Songs, Says Vishal Bhardwaj
- IFFM Awards 2018: Ranbir Kapoor's Sanju & Deepika Padukone's Padmaavat Lead The Nominations!
- Deepika Padukone Breaks Into A Cute Dance For Her Boyfriend Ranveer Singh On His Birthday!
- Deepika Padukone Clocks 25 M Followers On Instagram!
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh's Wedding To Take Place In India, Not In Italy!
- Birthday Special: 5 Reasons Why Ranveer Singh Should Get The 'Best Boyfriend' Trophy
- Did Neetu Indirectly Blame Deepika & Katrina Kaif For Their Failed Relationship With Ranbir Kapoor?
- Deepika Padukone Reveals It All; Her Favorite Food To Her Favorite Emoji!
- Shahrukh Khan Gets Special Treatment From Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh; Wedding Fixed On Nov 12
- Deepika Padukone Was Asked To Get A BOOB JOB Done To Be Picked Up By Bollywood Producers!
Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Sahir Ludhianvi biopic has been hitting the headlines for its casting. After Priyanka Chopra, it was rumoured that Aishwarya Rai Bachchan will essay Amrita Pritam on screen.
But it turned out to be mere speculations. Lastly we heard that SLB had approached Deepika Padukone for this film. Is it true? Well, hear it straight from the horse's mouth...
What Left Deepika Padukone Puzzled?
When Filmfare quizzed the 'Padmavati' actress if he is essaying Amrita Pritam, she was quite surprised.
Deepika denied the reports and immediately responded a 'No'.
She Has Just Signed One Film Post Padmavati
Currently, Deepika has just signed Vishal Bhardwaj's next production to helmed by Honey Trehan. It has her reuniting with her 'Piku' Irrfan Khan.
Abhishek Bachchan To Play Sahir Ludhianvi?
Sources suggest that Ab Jr. has already started prepping for this biopic. A source was quoted as saying, "He is regularly listening to the immortal repertoire of Sahir's lyrics from Guru Dutt's Pyasa to Yash Chopra's Trishul. Abhishek's father, Amitabh Bachchan, had the good fortune to interact with Sahir when he worked in Kabhi Kabhie and Trishul. So Bachchan Saab is able to provide plenty of invaluable inputs to Abhishek's preparation."
This Role Was Earlier Offered To SRK
The superstar was quoted as saying, "It was in Red Chilles (before), then Bhansali took it over. Jasneet is the writer. I really liked the story but we have not confirmed it. Sanjay is supposed to meet me now. I think I'll meet him after Raees, if he is free from Padmavati.''
Sahir Ludhianvi Will Always Be A Part Of Me: Irrfan Khan
The role was even offered to Irrfan Khan but unfortunately he had to turn it down. The actor had said in an interview, "Sahir Ludhianvi will always be a part of me and I will bring nuances of that character into other roles I play. Sahir's character has vast implications, and I got so deeply involved with the role that now I cannot get it out of me so easily. It's unfortunate I couldn't play Sahir but you will be able to see shadows of it in many roles I will essay in the future."
Well, we just hope that SLB makes some official announcement to put all the castiing rumours to rest!