- Isha Ambani's Grand Engagement At Lake Como: Janhvi Kapoor Looks Breathtaking In A Black Gown [Pics]
- Janhvi Kapoor Gets Slut-shamed; Fans Post Hate Comments, Ask Her To Undergo Surgery Like Mom Sridevi
- Janhvi Kapoor Has Tremendous Potential & Is Here To Stay In Bollywood: Arjun Kapoor
- WIFT Awards: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan & Her Daughter Aaradhya Steal The Show; See Photos!
- Janhvi Kapoor Asks Karan Johar On How To Deal With Trolls & Here's What He Has To Say!
- Shahrukh Khan's Son Aryan & Khushi Kapoor To Debut In Bollywood With A Karan Johar Film?
- Janhvi Kapoor On Competing With Sara Ali Khan: People Love Pitting Women Against Each Other
- Priyanka Chopra Celebrates Her Late Father’s Birthday, Goes Out For Dinner With Mom & Janhvi Kapoor
- Boney Kapoor Reveals He Took 12 Years To Win Sridevi's Heart; Janhvi Kapoor Breaks Down In Tears!
- Karan Johar Reveals Major Details About Takht, Says It's Like 'K3G Of The Mughal Era'!
- Karan Johar Announces Takht With Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Alia Bhatt, Janhvi Kapoor!
- Salman Khan & Katrina Kaif Turn Groom & Bride For Manish Malhotra; Janhvi & Sara Make Jaws Drop
His next Dhadak is the remake of the 2016 Marathi blockbuster Sairat and Shashank Khaitan says the basic premise of caste difference and honour killing remains the same but he has definitely made some variations to the Hindi version.
Karan Johar has acquired the remake rights of Nagraj Manjule-directed Sairat, which created history in the Marathi cinema by entering the elite Rs 100-crore club and became a phenomenon as it ran in cinema houses for over 100 days, especially in Maharashtra.
Karan Introduces Janhvi & Ishaan
A couple of days ago, Karan Johar officially revealed the first look of the film titled Dhadak - featuring Sridevi's elder daughter Janhvi Kapoor and Shahid Kapoor's half-brother Ishaan Khatter.
Is The Plot Of Sairat & Dhadak Is Different?
Sairat was a love story between an upper-caste girl, Archana (Rinku Rajguru), and a fisherman's son, Prashant (Akash Thosar).
Talking about Dhadak, Shashank Khaitan says, "The basic premise is of differences in caste, honour killing and what it means to survive in that world and I feel that is the conflict that is alive all across India, you will hear stories like that."
The Basic Premise Is Same
"So in that sense, the basic premise (of 'Dhadak' and 'Sairat') is same. But there are variations. My story is based on another set up... It is (set) in Rajasthan. It comes with its own challenges, conflicts and style of a love story," says Shashank in an interview with PTI.
Dhadak First Look Poster
The first poster had the two young actors embracing each other against the backdrop of a setting sun in a desert. The second and third posters introduced Janhvi and Ishaan, respectively, in a desi avatar.
Shashank On The Making Of First Look Poster Of Dhadak
"It wasn't tough to get the poster look for the film as we were sticking to the story that we have written and the world that we have created. Even the idea of the poster was to remain as honest as possible to the film that we want to make.
"We are adapting 'Sairat' into the world that we want to. The focus entirely was to present them (Janhvi and Ishaan) as the characters of the film," says Shashank.
Dhadak Marks The Debut Of Janhvi
Dhadak will mark Janhvi's entry as an actor in the Hindi cinema, while for Ishaan this is his second outing. He is making his acting debut with noted Iranian filmmaker Majid Majidi's movie 'Beyond The Clouds' and has assisted director Abhishek Chaubey for 'Udta Punjab'.
The first schedule of the remake version will begin in December. The film, to be co-produced by Zee Studios and Dharma Productions, is set for July 6, 2018, release.