- Deepika Padukone Starts Preparing For Her Wedding With Ranveer; This Is The First Thing She Bought
- Priyanka Chopra's Engagement Party: Why Shahrukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Will Skip It
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Ask Guests Not To Carry A Mobile Phone At Their Wedding!
- Prabhas Rejected This Blockbuster Film Opposite Deepika Padukone For Not Getting A Meaty Role!
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh’s Wedding In Italy Confirmed! Kabir Bedi Sends Out Wishes!
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Walk Hand-in-hand, On A Secret Vacation! Watch Videos
- Lake Como: Pics Of Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh's Wedding Destination Will Take Your Breath Away
- While Facing Trolls For Mulk, Anubhav Sinha Is Taking Inspiration From Deepika Padukone!
- Ex-lovers Katrina Kaif & Salman Khan To Follow Ranbir Kapoor & Deepika Padukone's Footsteps!
- Deepika Padukone Becomes The First B-Town Celebrity To Make It To The A-List Area At Madame Tussauds
- After Deepika Padukone, Shahid Kapoor To Get A Wax Statue At Madame Tussauds!
- Madame Tussauds: Deepika Padukone To Join Katrina Kaif, Shahrukh Khan, Big B & Others In London
Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Padmavati has been mired in controversy with several outfits accusing the filmmaker of "distorting historical facts". Deepika Padukone has received death threats for playing the titular role in the movie.
In an interview with "Talking Movies: India Special" for BBC World News, the actress said that it would be nicer to feel protected at this time.
Whether she would like to have better protection from the state, she said, "In an ideal world, yes. I think it is too soon to tell... But yes it would be nicer to feel safer or protected at this point."
"It is hurtful and it is sad. Cinema has the power to bring the people together, to unite people and to spread love.''
''It is disheartening sometimes that people don't recognise that."
On Gender Dynamics Of Indian Cinema.
"I've seen that transition. In the kind of films being made, in the kind of films I'm being offered, in the roles that are being written, and with women behind the camera not just in front of the camera."
Coming back to Padmavati, after the protests the makers postponed the release of the movie, which was supposed to release on 1st December. Many religious groups are even trying to ban the movie.
Keep watching this space for more updates on Padmavati.