TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sabarimala Protest Updates: "We Won't Return Until We See Lord Ayyappa", Says Trupti Desai
- Jio GigaFiber: List Of States In Which It Will Be Launched
- #SocialForGood For Mental Health Awareness
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- IPL 2019: Check Out The Full Squad Update
- New Jawa Perak Bobber First Look Review
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Gripping Facts About Jodhpur That Might Leave You In Awe
Actress Kajol, who will next be seen in the Tamil film Velaiilla Pattadhari 2 titled Lalkar in Hindi, thanked her co-star Dhanush and director Soundarya for breaking her language barrier in the movie.
"I thank them as they broke this myth which was in my head that I can't speak in another language and I can't act in another language. 'Velaiilla Pattadhari 2' has been one of the most professional experience and the credit goes to Dhanush and Soundary," Kajol told the media at the trailer and music launch of the film here on Sunday.
"I was lied upon saying that you don't have to speak in Tamil. They proved me wrong the first day because they gave me a long script with two scenes and huge dialogues. They said at least try," she added.
Filmmaker R. Balki and director Anand L. Rai launched the trailer of the film.
Asked if she was headed towards southern cinema because she was not getting offers in Bollywood, she said: "I always look forward for good script. It doesn't mean I haven't got good script in Hindi. It was just that I loved this one."
Denying plans on wearing a director's hat in the near future, Kajol says she loves acting.
The event also saw Dhanush, Soundaryaa Rajnikanth, Lata Rajnikanth, Kalappuli Thanu(producer), Amala Paul and Rakesh Omprakash Mehra while actresses Taapsee Pannu, Huma Qureshi came later.
"Velaiilla Pattadhari 2" or "Lalkar" is an upcoming bilingual action-comedy-drama film directed by Soundarya Rajnikanth. The story and dialogue has been written by Dhanush. The film will release on July 28.