- Jim Sarbh- Kangana Ranaut Get SLAMMED For Cracking A Rape Joke At Cannes, Actor Reveals The Truth!
- Cannes 2018: Deepika Padukone Charms In Frilly Pink, Kangana Ranaut Is Glam In Embroidered Catsuit!
- CANNES 2018: Deepika Padukone & Kangana Ranaut LOCK HORNS At The Red Carpet Looking All FIERY [PICS]
- Cannes 2018: Kangana Ranaut Takes Us Back To The Vintage Era In A Stunning Black Sabyasachi Sari!
- Cannes 2018: Kangana Ranaut Makes A Shocking Comment, Says She Doesn't Want To Look The Best!
- An Upset Majid Majidi EXPOSES Kangana Ranaut's Lie; Also Reveals Why He Rejected Deepika Padukone
- Kangana Ranaut Finally Opens Up, Reveals The Real Reason Why She Is Not On Social Media!
- Sri Reddy - The Recent Sensation For Various Reasons!
- Kangana Ranaut On Playing Rani Laxmibai In Manikarnika: When I Dress Up, I Get So Many Compliments
- Not Mumbai Or Manali, Kangana Ranaut Wanted To Build A House In Europe; But Then What Went Wrong?
- Kangana Ranaut Takes A MAJOR DIG At Deepika Padukone & Kareena Kapoor Over Their OBSCENE Item Songs
- Move Over Big B's Jalsa & SRK's Mannat! The View Of Kangana Ranaut's Manali Abode Is BREATH-TAKING!
Yesterday evening(May 04, 2017), actress Kangana Ranaut performed the Ganga Aarti in Varanasi and unveiled a poster of her upcoming film 'Manikarnika - The Queen Of Jhansi', which is slated to release in April 2018.
Dressed in a gold nauvari saree by ace designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee and a tangerine brocade blouse, Kangana performed the aarti and took dips in the river at the 'Dashaswmedha Ghat'.
'Har Har Mahadev'
While taking dip in the Ganga, Kangana was heard chanting: "Har Har Mahadev".
The 30-year-old actress will be seen playing the role of Rani Laxmi Bai in the upcoming film, directed by Krish.
Kangana Begins The Shoot Of Manikarnika On A Religious Note
She says she feels blessed to start the movie with the blessing of Lord Shiva.
"After coming on board to this project I'm feeling like I've achieved something very big in this movie...," Kangana said.
Kangana On The Preparation Of tHe Film
Talking about the preparation for the role of Rani Laxmi Bai, Kangana said: "The prep is restricted to the material like photographs and letters. I saw a lot of things here. I will be going to Jhansi and other places for research."
Kangana: I'm Rebellious
"I agree that I am rebellious but she (Rani Laxmi Bai) was a rebel with a cause that makes her a hero...I rebel because if my instincts want me too. So that makes me a badass. She's a hero," Kangana said.
Kangana On Why B'wood Is Keen On Making Historical Movies
Asked by IANS if making historicals have become a trend in Bollywood, Kangana told reporters: "Well it's working. Look at Baahubali, it has broken all the records and that's what people want to see but to be honest 'Manikarnika - The Queen Of Jhansi' is not like a project."
What Made Kangana Sign Manikarnika
Kangana, who will be seen playing Rani Laxmi Bai in the film, directed by Krish, says a film should be made on her.
"She is from our country. If she was from some other country how would they celebrate her spirit. So we as a nation need to give her, her due," she said.
It's A Special Film For Kangana & Here's Why..
Asked if this film will be the climax of her acting career, she said, "There are projects and then there are films that are sort of fulfil something within you."
Now, Everything Make Sense: Kangana
She further added, "When I was 15 and left home, I didn't know when I will feel that I have arrived or achieved something and that feeling didn't came post when I started working on 'Jhansi Ki Rani'...just felt like everything made sense you know."
Kangana Feels Like An Achiever
Kangana said that her life has come to a full circle.
"Before this no amount of failure or success could make me feel like an achiever and now I feel I just don't want to waste," she said.
What About Biopic On Kangana Life?
Talking about having a biopic on her life, Kangana said: "I personally feel I have a long way to go...I still feel I haven't got into the field that I actually feel very passionate about, which is filmmaking."
She feels that she will be known better as a filmmaker than a actor.