- Shaheer Sheikh Spotted With Kangana Ranaut’s Mental Hai Kya Team, Is He Doing The Film?
- International Yoga Day: Kangana Ranaut & Shilpa Shetty Give Us Plenty Of Fitness Goals!
- Dhadak: Karan Johar Takes A Sly Dig At Kangana Ranaut After Launching Janhvi Kapoor & Ishaan Khatter
- Alia Bhatt, Kangana Ranaut, Juhi Chawla, Dia Mirza & Arjun Kapoor Celebrate World Environment Day
- Jim Sarbh- Kangana Ranaut Get SLAMMED For Cracking A Rape Joke At Cannes, Actor Reveals The Truth!
- Cannes 2018: Deepika Padukone Charms In Frilly Pink, Kangana Ranaut Is Glam In Embroidered Catsuit!
The trailer of Rangoon was out recently and people were blown by the plot of the film and the kissing scenes between Shahid Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut added to its USP. At first it was assumed that the film is a biopic on Fearless Nadia but director Vishal Bharadwaj has confirmed that it's only a love triangle and has no bearing with Fearless Nadia in any way. He said,
"Rangoon is a love triangle set in the era of the Second World War. We have tried to create the ethos of the era but it's a work of fiction. It certainly doesn't follow the life of any of the various actresses of that era be it that of Fearless Nadia, Miss Zebunissa, Miss Padma or Ramola. Rangoon is a period drama that has a love triangle in its centre, its not at all a biopic."
Earlier, it was reported that Vishal Bharadwaj was keen on making a film on the life of Fearless Nadia and has chosen Rangoon to showcase the life of the stunt queen. It was also reported that the director had approached German actress Franka Potente to play the role. However, none of these rumours are true.
Rangoon is set in 1944 when World War 2 raged across the world and the film stars Saif Ali Khan, Shahid Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut in the lead roles. The film is all set to hit the theatres on February 24, 2017.