- Deepika Padukone Starts Preparing For Her Wedding With Ranveer; This Is The First Thing She Bought
- Priyanka Chopra's Engagement Party: Why Shahrukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Will Skip It
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Ask Guests Not To Carry A Mobile Phone At Their Wedding!
- Prabhas Rejected This Blockbuster Film Opposite Deepika Padukone For Not Getting A Meaty Role!
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh’s Wedding In Italy Confirmed! Kabir Bedi Sends Out Wishes!
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Walk Hand-in-hand, On A Secret Vacation! Watch Videos
- Lake Como: Pics Of Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh's Wedding Destination Will Take Your Breath Away
- While Facing Trolls For Mulk, Anubhav Sinha Is Taking Inspiration From Deepika Padukone!
- Ex-lovers Katrina Kaif & Salman Khan To Follow Ranbir Kapoor & Deepika Padukone's Footsteps!
- Deepika Padukone Becomes The First B-Town Celebrity To Make It To The A-List Area At Madame Tussauds
- After Deepika Padukone, Shahid Kapoor To Get A Wax Statue At Madame Tussauds!
- Madame Tussauds: Deepika Padukone To Join Katrina Kaif, Shahrukh Khan, Big B & Others In London
Deepika Padukone hails from Karnataka and debuted in a Kannada film 'Aishwarya' in 2006 alongside Upendra. Deepika has received support from several Kannada actors including Upendra, Prakash Raj, Ganesh, Ragini Dwivedi, Priyamani and Shraddha Srinath.
Check out what the Kannada actors have to say in support of Deepika Padukone and Padmavati below...
Upendra & Deepika
"Threatening her of bodily harm is condemnable," said Kannada actor Upendra.
Real Star Upendra
"If fringe elements can take law into their hands, what is the need to have a mechanism such as the Central Board of Film Certification, which is authorised to issue certificate for release of film?" Said Upendra.
Shraddha Srinath called Padmavati protests the "Biggest failure of law and order."
"I don't understand where exactly the country is heading to if threats are being issued for having played a role," she summed it up.
Ragini Dwivedi said, "Why is everyone going after the life of directors and actors for stepping out of their comfort zone and doing something different?"
"Give credit to the film-makers for coming up with magnificent pieces of art," said Ragini Dwivedi.
Prakash Raj tweeted, "One wants to cut a nose.. One wants to behead an artist.. One wants to shoot an actor down."
Sad State Of Affairs
"One announced five Crores.. now a party spokes person announces ten Crores for those who behead an actor and a director!!"
Prakash Raj poked fun at politicians by tweeting, "There seems to be loads of money to gift post demonetization.. But that does not include GST."
Mungaru Male star Ganesh said threating Deepika Padukone with beheadings is "Not the culture of this land".
He also said that it's an "Utterly uncivilised reaction" to what's happening!
Karnataka CM Siddharamiah provided police secrutity at Deepika Padukone's house and tweeted, "I condemn the culture of intolerance & hate perpetuated by @BJP4India. Karnataka stands with @deepikapadukone."
Energy Minister D.K Shivakumar tweeted, "It is condemnable that a BJP office bearer is placing a bounty of Rs. 10 crore on @deepikapadukone, who is from our state & the daughter of one of India's most respected sportsman."
D.K Shivakumar furher said, "Is this BJP's culture & the way they show respect towards women? Immediate action should be taken."
Karnataka Home Minister Ramalinga Reddy said, "I have personally written to the DG-IGP of Karnataka to provide maximum security to @deepikapadukone and her family. We stand by all the daughters, Mothers and sisters of our Motherland and urge them to speak up without fear."
I condemn the culture of intolerance & hate perpetuated by @BJP4India .— Siddaramaiah (@siddaramaiah) November 20, 2017
Karnataka stands with @deepikapadukone .She is a globally renowned artist from our state.
I call upon the CM of Haryana @mlkhattar to take strict action against those holding out threats against her. https://t.co/d8rahml5MZ
It is condemnable that a BJP office bearer is placing a bounty of Rs. 10 crore on @deepikapadukone, who is from our state & the daughter of one of India's most respected sportsman.— DK Shivakumar (@withDKS) November 20, 2017
Is this BJP's culture & the way they show respect towards women? Immediate action should be taken.
I have personally written to the DG-IGP of Karnataka to provide maximum security to @deepikapadukone and her family. We stand by all the daughters, Mothers and sisters of our Motherland and urge them to speak up without fear. @FilmPadmavati @BlrCityPolice pic.twitter.com/lU6k5d5yDC— Ramalinga Reddy (@RLR_BTM) November 20, 2017