- Lipstick Under My Burkha! India Has To Make Way For Women-Oriented Films
- Lipstick Under My Burkha Wins 'Audience Award' At The Glasgow Film Festival!
- Pahlaj Nihalani: Make Films Keeping Our Indian Traditions Ahead! Slams Lipstick Under My Burkha
- OMG! Ranbir Kapoor & Katrina Kaif Have Fun At Midnight
- 10 Most Unconventional Couples In Bollywood Cinema
- Wow! Nawazuddin Siddiqui To Romance Sunny Leone In Next?
- Lipstick Under My Burkha Movie Review: A Shade You Should Wear For Every 'Log Kya Sochengey'!
The Censor Board is back to square one with its 'sanskaari' moral high values and has rejected Prakash Jha's upcoming controversial film 'Lipstick Under My Burkha' and left it high and dry with no certification. The reason the CBFC decided not to certify the film is quite shocking, as the board stated, "The story is lady oriented." Pretty ridiculous, isn't it? A leading tabloid revealed the statements from the CBFC which read as, "The story is lady oriented, their fantasy above life. There are contanious sexual scenes, abusive words, audio pornography and a bit sensitive touch about one particular section of society, hence film refused under guidelines 1(a), 2(vii), 2(ix), 2(x), 2(xi), 2(xii) and 3(i)."
Film-maker Prakash Jha is furious that his film has not been certified and said, "As a country, we must encourage freedom of expression but the CBFC refusing to certify films that tell uncomfortable stories discourages filmmakers from pushing the envelope. Films should challenge the status quo which is what Lipstick Under My Burkha perhaps does and I believe our audience deserve to watch it."
Also Read: Priyanka Chopra Talks About 'Showing Off Her Bra'!
Director Alankrita revealed to a tabloid, "It's a feminist film with a strong female voice which challenges patriarchy. I think that's why they don't want to certify it. As a filmmaker, I stand by the story and will fight for it till the end."
Lipstick Under My Burkha stars Konkona Sen, Ratna Pathak Shah, Aahana Kumra and Plabita Borthakur in the lead roles and revolves around the storyline of the secret lives of these women as they search for a little more freedom. The film is currently being showcased at various international film festivals but sadly, our own country's CBFC has refused to certify it.
Check out the teaser of Lipstick Under My Burkha below!